Garden projects for 2007

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by Frank, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

It may not seem like it at the moment but the peak gardening months of 2007 will be here before you know it. Anything interesting planned in the garden for next year?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Frank
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Doghouse Riley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Well I've got a (partial)plan for my new "secret garden". I've got to pick up a few more shrubs next spring and then start throwing the hose around to decide the shape of the bed. Then I have alot of dividing to do in my other gardens. Some plants will find a home in the secret garden and others will get traded with friends. And of course a trip (or 10!)to the garden center to find new and unusual plants. Then I'll go from there...

4. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

I'll be relaxing a bit where garden projects are concerned, however, there are areas needing refreshed and updated - cresoting of fences, hut, garden screen, etc. Frankly loads of creosoting ! :rolleyes:

Additionally, topping up tree bark, painting the front and back stairs of the house a nice red (not the glossy, slippy paint though) Also, the garden path is needing all levelled, possibly with new slabs. Will need a proper landscaping company for the latter, as it is 3'x2' slabs, and me with my bad back :(

May use the old slabs to make a base in the back garden for a possible second hut, as the hut I have, I can't get in. Don't get me wrong, it is tidy and well-maintained, but too much stuff for its size.

Main Project - Sunshine(hopefully), Shades, Cold Beers, Tai Chi music, Sudoku !:-D

C.J. ;)

5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I will be doing a waterfall soon, but we don't have to plan for the next season here. We garden all year long.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I wanna garden all year too :smt022

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I very seldom make plans. When I get ready I just do it. Making plans seems a waste of time when you don't know what you want until you do it. Nine times out of ten when I go to the garden center I come home with stuff I didn't plan on buying. When I buy it I come home and say, "well, where am I going to put this." We planned on getting the waterfall going this summer. We got the tub put in the ground. That's it. So should we plan to do it next spring. If we do it probably won't get done next year either. If we are just walking past it and think it should be done today, it might get done. Dooley

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Oh, as usual, I'll fiddle with my garden until something strikes me as worth doing, though I'd really like to get a cutting garden growing. But I'll have to bring in soil for that so I'm just not sure if it's going to happen. Maybe I'll just wait until my sweetie retires in a few years then move to someplace where I can garden year round too!

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've promised myself that I'm going to rip up most of the front garden and start again from scratch. I'll leave the hedge (which is in its third year of growth) as it's growing well but that's about it. I've had heathers in it for the past twenty odd years as our cottage is called 'Heather Cottage' but it really is time for a change.

10. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

My place is called Windygate. Guess I should be planting windflowers eh?

11. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I'm thinking of naming our place, maybe Angelic Acres, don't know. Right now it doesn't look too angelic, looks rather crappy. But anyway, I want to put in a real flower bed, one with good soil where my plants will thrive. Then I want to move all of the big cannas on the other side of the driveway, and I want to make the bed where I have the two roses a pink and white bed, since that's the color of the roses. I would like to improve on the sitting area in the back, although I don't have time to sit in it. I also would like to start on my angel garden, where all the plants have angel in the name, and I can put all of my angel yard ornaments in it. But I don't know how much of it will get done.

BTW, Dooley, I love your philosophy, it makes perfect sense to me.

12. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Our place is lovingly referred to as Straightjacket Farm. I have no idea why.

muddy

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

I plan to plant daylilies in the south garden that I started this fall. Also am planning a whimsical seating area in the back yard with wicker chairs, table and door that I got this summer. I plan to paint them in various pastel colors and put them in front of the tall pine trees that separate us and the neighbor. The door will be placed between two of the trees to make one think there is something beyond.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I am like Dooley I plant what I like and get home decide where I want it.I have no problem finding places as big as my yard is .I cam always go to the back yard if I run out of room.I buy what I think looks pretty.I will be planting lots of seeds that my friends have sent me some I never heard of before.
    I will have to make lots of new flower beds for them.
    I can't wait to start digging.

15. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

If you read Sharon post then you will under stand my plans are to run away until all that is done LOL. Also to her list I would add put raised bed in place and find a spot for my vegetable that doesn't magically turn into a day lily bed.

16. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

:rolleyes: Plans . . . ?
    Hmmmm, I guess I'm more of a dreamer than a planner.

I admitted in my intro that I'm no landscaper, :oops:
    I should also confess that I have a profound case of EGADD :-?
    (Extreme Gardener's Attention Deficit Disorder).

It is my habit to charge headlong at a new idea with wild abandon . . . until . . .

:eek: EGADD!!!

. . . I suddenly realize that;
    A ~ I have bitten off FAR more than I can possibly chew, or
    B ~ I just simply find myself distracted by the next idea, or
    C ~ usually both.