Garden projects for 2007

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by Frank, Nov 17, 2006.

1. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Ok I confess I have the same disorder ZuZu has, except mine is not limited to gardening, it is absolutely everything :oops: :rolleyes:

2. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

I am moving to a new location, Lots of planning to do. Unfortunately, We have to do a ton of work on the new house before we can move into it. We have to be out of the old house by Dec. 15 and the new place still needs a floor. So when I start planning my garden, hubby informs me that we have other priorities. :(

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Hi April, where are you now and where are you going to? For me planning a garden should come just after having water.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Well, I can't start planning 2007 projects because I haven't finished the 2006 ones. Will still be working on those in 2008. Not that I had any to work on. It's just finish one and go on to the next, whatever that is. Dooley

Advertisement
  5. reggaefan

Sharon and I just finished putting together a raised bed frame. We recycled our utility pole that was destroyed by Hurricans Rita. It turned out pretty good, n ow we have to level it becaused we bought raw land and we have very few level spots.

6. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Richard, what on earth did you use to cut that pole? The biggest chain saw on earth?

7. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Actually, I pretty much have my garden planned out for the new spot. Did that weeks before the water was turned on. LOL But now I am trying to watch sun and shadows and figure how different things will look in the spring/summer. Plus, I want to try some new things this year and am not sure of room. We are only moving a few miles away from where we are, but we are seriously downsizing from a rental 3br house with a basement to owning a 2br trailer. Hence, the remodeling to be done. I posteda call for help in the home Imp forum.

8. reggaefan

No Jan we live in a mobile home( that's right we are proud to be Trailer trash} and the pole we had to buy was 4X6 inches the new one to meet code is 6X6 inches so I simply made a cut on each side with a skill saw.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Richard, up here mobile homes are called Tornado Targets.

One of my main projects for 2007 is the front yard. But in the back I plan on using some bricks Lisa doesn't want to make a wishing well, Randy is going to make the roof and I have a wooden bucket to hang there. Around it is going to be a birthday garden with plants associated with the birth months of Randy and I, the two daughters, son in law and two grandsons.

And I am going to seriously start collecting old exterior doors for my rainy day shed.

10. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Whew, Richard, I saw you trying to tote and cut a class 5 phone pole and was wondering what machine was gonna do it. Glad to see it was just a tiny piece of lumber.