Gardener's world

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's great Sjoerd and you're welcome.
    I haven't had the chance to watch last Friday's gardener's world, hubby keeps falling asleep.:frustrated:

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Gardener's world Chelsea flower show

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Logan thank you for sharing . I look foreword to the Chelsea flower Show and designer gardens every year.
    What a nice tour. Thank you.

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cheers Loggie. We are watching the series. I am mostly interested in seeing what new flowers are being presented this year. I already got a hint with the Malvern show.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

You're both welcome. Sjoerd what type of flowers are you thinking about?

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am looking for some tallish flowers to give my flower garden some height, if you know what I mean. Of course unusual colours or colour combinations get my interest. Hopefully Carol will point out some new things.

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Cimicifuga - You will be amazed of these one if a kind blooms. A fav for fragrant tall spikey pink/white blooms 3-4 feet tall and lovely dark green bluegreen leaves.

Another fav Gladiolus. Every color of the rainbow., many variations and styles. Blooms 3-4 feet tall. taller…

And a super dooper fav ‘Dahlias ‘- sizes from huge dinner plate double blooms to simple fancy daisy like blooms. Extremely decadent blooms that will knock your socks off , in every color and style you could think of.

Or how bout Lillie’s. A garden of Lillie’s is a statements that says ..’Classy’. OMG .. A excellent fragrant lily is the Stargazer . A huge dinner plate size pink dotted bloom that will hold your garden hostage from any other Lilly.
    And ‘Casablanca’ Lilly a beautiful huge white fragrant lily. There are many fragrant lillies but nothing takes my breath away than the lillies mentioned. And last in decorative vases for weeks.

And a real crowd pleazer are the huge Teddy Bear sunflowers. Definitely taller than 5 feet and a stand out .that screams , “Look at Me’.

Then of course the biggest attention grabber are the Echiums . They are best known for their tall blue flower spikes, which tower 6-7 feet above your head in summer. So stately will guard your garden like a prince.

And oh yes …Delphiniums their tall spikes 3-4 feet or more of royal blue flowers that will own any flower bed in the dog days of summer. Highly sought after flower that shows distinguished stately beauty no other flower could possibly compete.

So there is my short list , I’m sure many others that will add some other flowers that would qualify to be in a garden of your distinction .

8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Sjoerd i hope that you find some inspiration from Carol, Pacnorwest that's a long list.
    I don't watch the flower shows but maybe i should.
    There was the Malvern flower show the other week, my brother lives at Malvern.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Logan.. I thought Sjoerd was asking about what tall flowers to add to his garden. So I listed some of my favoriates.

I did also think about climbers like roses and vines . That is if running out of horizontal space then there’s always vertical spaces, up a lattace .. or climb a wall.
    The choices are endless.

10. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I just discovered that Gardener's World is viewable here on BritBox! It's not just murder mysteries (which I enjoy a lot).

I watched the winter episode. Very enjoyable. Hardwood cuttings, appreciating the winterscape, ranunculus, bamboo... much more. Lots of fun.

Sjoerd, Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I see that's great then.