Gardening software

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Primsong, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I have considered but never purchased any software for planning gardens or landscape design... yet. It is something I would love to have if I knew it would work as a useful tool.

I had one given to me long ago that let you plant the plants and then it would "grow" them as you moved the timeline along so you could see how big they would get in 1, 3, 5, 20 or whatever years. Problem was it didn't seem to know what the true adult sizes of many plants were and there were some that could be "grown" to take over the entire yard. It was a bit lame in other areas too...

Have any of you tried any landscape/garden design software programs? I would love to have some recommedations, warnings or feedback.

2. Loading...