GardenStew is 5 years old! Share your memories

Discussion in 'Birthdays & Anniversaries' started by Frank, Jan 24, 2010.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

As of May this year I will have been here 4 yrs. Its been so nice to hear from other people from differant parts of the world. To see their differant flowers and how they do gardening. That is what I have enjoyed reading people's post who come from differant places. Such as Droopy and Sjoerd just to name a few. I also enjoy reading how others get to garden all year long so they can share their picts with us that are in snow part of the year. So here's a BIG thankyou to Frank for creating this site and to Toni & Eileen for helping Frank out behind the scene. I know a few times I've seen something posted here that shouldn't have been and right away it was deleted--Good job!
    HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY Gardenstew!

2. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I joined in January 2006 and was a bit of a slow started, but now I come for a visit daily. I have met a couple of members and love to hear about everyones family, trials and tribulations. You have all been a source of great comfort when my darling little cousin died back in the summer, and then your cyber good wishes helped my Nan recover from her broken hip and subsequent heart attack, and you will be pleased to know, she was sent home at the end of last week and I spoke to her at the weekend, and altho she is weak, she is well on the road to recovery.

Congratulations on your 'wooden' anniversay, very apt for a gardening and crafty type forum. Here's to many many more years of fun, gossip, growing, eating and creating wonderful things together.

3. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARDENSTEW!!!
    It's been a while since I've been on but the older members will remember me. I joined in March of 06. I did a google search for friendly garden forums and found the Stew! I'm Glendann's niece. I've had the pleasure of meeting DR & Dooley and their cute dog Chance! :) They are a very sweet couple!! I also made alot of online friends. I have not been gardening much lately but I plan to change that. I also plan on getting back in with the stew gang!!
    Julie

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hi my sweet jubabe,I'm glad to see you back home.

Advertisement
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I cannot remember how I found Garden Stew but I am really glad I did. Even though I am still a newbie stewbie I had learnt so much from all the wonderful people here, HAPPY BIRTDAY GARDEN STEW and a big THANK YOU to you FRANK :-D

6. desertflower

desertflower Seedling

Congratulations Frank. GS is alive and thriving! I have been to a lot of sites lately that looked interesting, only to realize the last post was from one or two years ago.

Although I have been a member since 07, it has been an on again off again thing for me. I have moved 4 times in the past year and a half and a lot of that time I had no internet. But when I visited someone that did, I would usually check to see what was up.

One of the things I really appreciate on here is the fact that everyone is real (no bots) and things are well moderated. That takes time and effort, thank you moderators, you're the best. Not only are the members real, they are sincere, polite, informative, helpful and just good people.
    Happy Birthday, and might I say...a job well done! :p

7. beck5711

beck5711 Seedling

Thanks Frank for having the insight and fulfilling your dream for a gardening website where we can all come. I am sure you've had your moments through the years, but i thank you for your perserverance!

I also appreciate the mods that so tirelessly read to keep our community safe, and secure, where we can come and not have to worry about anything that might be considered negative!

And to the friends I have acquired so many of here, in just the short time i have been here, I thanks you all as well. It's nice to not be ignored, and being a little fish in a big sea, that would be easy, but not here.

Thanks you again!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARDEN STEW!!!!!!!!

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Happy Birthday GardenStew....you are a great site and there are so many great people here...so helpful when you need help...

Frank...you are the greatest and everyone else that helps makes it a welcome place. We all appreciate your friendliness.

Sherry

9. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I joined Garden Stew almost a year ago and it has become so important to me. I talk about all of you on GS all the time. Droopy was the first to answer a question I posted about my laurel shrub and I will always thank her especially for that, because it was the start. I feel so privileged, SO PRIVILEGED, to have become part of this community. I love knowing people who garden and take care of the Earth and the creatures all over the world! I've learned a lot and have loved sharing experiences, questions, successes and failures here, mine and yours alike. It always touches my heart that you all are so generous, not just with your gardening advice, but with your care and concern for one another, encouragement, friendship and love... without ever meeting face to face. It's what being human is all about. I guess this sounds corny, but oh well, it's what I think. Happy Birthday Garden Stew!!! Here is to many more years.

Frank, Eileen and Toni, thank you ever so much for all you do to make GS so special and wonderful.

10. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Happy 5th Birthday Garden Stew.
    Congrats to Frank an his sweet modertors.

You came a long way an I have enjoyed seeing an hearing how the folks near an far operate in the garden.
    You in Sweden an still manage to attract the USA an other countrys. Nice how it all comes together.''

I havent been here long, but have met some fine people.
    Thank you for the site like no other.

barb

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm one of those people who feel less than safe if both feet are not firmly planted on the ground. I don't fly and I don't do water either. They haven't invented bridges across oceans yet. But, I feel like I've traveled many miles with people from all over the world and looked into their neighborhoods and homes. I've talked to them, exchanged gifts with them and got to know so many people. It's a wonderful place to come to every day and see how everyone is doing and let them know how things are with yourself. People care about each other and it's a good thing. I come every morning and though I don't always post there haven't been many days where I wasn't listed as being here in the last 24 hrs. Usually my computer was down if I'm not there. Bless each and everyone of you for being my friend. dooley

12. rgasperson

rgasperson Seedling

I come back to this forum every year. I post to it as long as I am keeping up my garden. Last year, things kind of fell appart and I quit posting.

I love this forum because everyone is so willing to help each other. I can post questions and usually within hours I have an answer that I can use to move through the problem.

What I have done in the past was to post on the same thread the progress of what I am growing. examples include:

Garden Diary for 2009
    http://www.gardenstew.com/about13533.html

Garden Diary for 2008
    http://www.gardenstew.com/about8145.html

My Kitty Litter Romas in 2007
    http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?p=64702

and

My Wick Fed Cucumbers in 2007 The images are still on flickr.
    http://www.gardenstew.com/about5968.html

This year I am changing it up a bit. I am doing a video series of what I am doing this year. The link is below. I am already up to 7 videos and I havent even planted anything yet. It should be fun. I am enjoing it so far, and I can't wait to share my exploits with you. I will continue to post my progress on this thread:
    http://www.gardenstew.com/about18218.html

Good Luck to you all!

13. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I have enjoyed your past exploits too, rgasperson!