Giving food, giving hope

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Jul 21, 2021.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I just read that Jeff Bezos gave 100 million dollars to Chef Jose Andres' World Central Kitchen. It is a wonderful charity, founded by a great chef, and does such good work around the world.
    We can all emulate Andres. We can give garden produce, baked goods, frozen soups and stews to those who need food for themselves or for family.
    I am not a fan of Bezos, but he has partially redeemed himself with this gift.
    Do you share?

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

almost !! Except for his gift to Van Jones ! Certainly not a fan of his !

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Today we begin again food collection for the food bank. It is going to be less than usual this season. It has been a rough seasonal beginning this year. Leaving the house now.

marlingardener likes this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

OK ! I am a skeptic ! To my knowledge I have yet to find anyone here that is hungry ! Our town has many resources that take care of those ! Our food bbank is overwhelmed at times ! More food than is needed ! But I am a little perturbed at those that really do not need it but take it because its free !
    There is one a few houses down that has a new car and bbetter house than mine ! Buut yet the school bus pics her one child all summer and brings him home abouT 1 PM ! School provides breakkfast and lunch ! And brings them home ! Thats for one chilld ! Of course..they do not speak english ! Just tics me off ! They can get off their ass and cook !