Godspeed sweet Tango

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Ronni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It’s with a very sad and heavy heart that I report that my sweet Tango passed away last night.

He was my constant companion for 14 years. He was the dog I’d wanted for a long time, and was finally able to get once my kids were grown and I could indulge my desire to own a little dog. I hadn’t actually wanted to rescue a chihuahua that tiny, or that young, or a male or a white dog with short hair. He was the opposite of everything I’d been looking for for several months, but as soon as he looked at me with those big dark eyes and put his tiny little paws on my knees, I was gone.

He never knew how little he was. He faced down dogs 10 times his size and made them cower even though he wasn’t even as big as their head. He had major attitude, so much sass, and an indomitable spirit even through the health problems he had in this last few years.

His sister Jazz has been searching for him. She’s whining. Confused. Looking at me to find him for her. They’ve been together her whole life, and she just doesn’t know how to be, without her bossy big brother.

He was a ridiculous little goofball, but he was mine, and I’m going to miss him so much. 1FDE62B7-5D29-42DD-BFA5-9AA00719BA64.jpeg

8EE9F31C-F486-4AFB-90F4-53F222DB8572.jpeg
    77615840-712E-41AB-8E89-F5B90D5608E3.jpeg
    4582E50A-5556-4E54-8AD7-5C23403D7812.jpeg

Dirtmechanic, Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. CourtneyG
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Pinkiered
      Replies:
      Views:

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

After my Dog passed away in 90s, I swore I would never ever get any other pet - Plants, yes of course, but pets, simply out of the question... Just my way of honoring my Dog, that no one else will ever replace her. Nor make their own place in my home or heart - Period.

I am proud to say, that I have held onto this pledge. And will keep on doing so, forever!

Besides, loss of a pet is a kind of pain I am just not interested in giving to myself... So once was more then enough, for an entire lifetime. Now never again.

Really sorry Ronni, I truly understand exactly what you must be going through.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Ronni likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to hear about the loss of Tango Ronni :smt010

Ronni likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

So very sorry for your loss, Ronni.
    When I read your posting, I immediately thought back to when we lost our pets. It was very sad. I can truly empathise with you.
    Hang tough. Big cyber hug.

Ronni likes this.

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

S-H,, Losing a pet is tough,, but it just means that there is another somewhere that needs your love !
    I mourn each passing but I know that God will fill the void with another that needs me !
    Ronni,, I know how it feels, but it will get better !

Ronni and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So sorry for your loss Ronni. They become such a part of us and its so hard when they pass.
    Rest in Peace sweet Tango

Ronni likes this.
  8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear about Tangos loss. Pets fill our lives with joy and when they leave we still have those memories to help fill the void they leave. Pictures of Tango will also help.

Jerry

Ronni likes this.
  9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni, in time, the sadness will fade and you'll have all the happy memories of Tango that will never fade. It's so hard to lose a member of the family though. I can't help feeling sorry for little Jazz - if only you could explain to her what has happened to her brother.

Ronni likes this.
  10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

It is just the way I do things. The way I see it, my Dog dedicated her entire life to me, with unquestionable loyalty, and never before seen aggression, (she defended my home again burglars at least 3 times, and once also got injured). As well as giving love to my entire family, plus affection beyond measure, (I am sure all pet owners would say the same about their Dogs).

So it's only fair that I too now dedicate my entire life, in loyalty for her...

I say this because once I patted a neighbor's Dog, who was very friendly, as well as a puppy - When I went home, my Dog smelled this other Dog's scent on my hands. And so for the entire next few days, she acted hurt - Like I had betrayed her or something, as in her mind I was to pat and stroke her only... So who the **** was this other Dog?

So I promised her that from now on, you and you alone will be the exclusive and only one getting patted, stroked, and brushed my me - You will not have to share me with any other pet, ever!

So after this, she was happy once again, (yes Dogs understand every word you speak to them).

There is a huge difference between a Dog's lifespan, and that of a human. Which is why I am still here I guess. But a pledge is a pledge, no matter who you maje it to, (and and technically pledges also don't expire with the passage of time).

So never will I ever get any other pet. As I know that I will only start to feel like a most disloyal and selfish cheater - Anyone who feels like laughing right now can feel free to do so. But this is how I am...

And anyone who feels that getting another pet, after the one before passed away is nothing out of the ordinary - Is right in their own way too. So not going to stick swords into such people, as there is just no need. All I ask is to please understand my opinion too, and also understand, that I never ever change my mind. That's all.

My Dog will forever remain the last animal that I ever touched... It's just my way of honoring her, (as that's the only meaningful honor I am capable of giving her).

Again, very sorry about Tango - Reading about him seem to have opened a few old wounds of my own from the past. But it's alright. I hope you are feeling better Ronni, and are adjusting well. I know that it won't be easy, but we have to try. Just remember, we are all here if you need to talk.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021