Happy Birthday K.K.!!

Discussion in 'Birthdays & Anniversaries' started by Jerry Sullivan, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

selamat Hari lahir, It's K.K.'s birthday today, cake and ice cream for everybody!!

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Jerry Sullivan's Garden )

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

A big happy birthday to you, KK. I hope that it is possible for you and your family to to celebrate in some way. Anyway, here’s wishing you all the best.
    BTW, how is your garden doing this season?

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Have a wonderful birthday KK. I hope you can celebrate it the way you want to.

5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

A big Terima Kasih to you Jerry, none of my children were able to come home because of the movement control banned on interstate movement. Becky cooked a wonderful pork steak dinner and made my favourite butter cake. It was a nice private celebration. :)

Thank you Sjoerd for your pleasant greetings and kind thoughts, :) The garden is growing well and since I had the electric fence up on the perimeter of the garden there is zero losses to the monkeys :D

Thank you Eileen, yes I did just that :)

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

KK that sounds like a serious and effective solution for those pesky monkeys. You put so much work into your garden, it is a real shame that those beasts raid and damage your crops.
    So then, what do you have growing at the moment, mate?

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

oh... I missed it. sorry. BELATED Happy Birthday Blessings. Hope your day was beautiful and you and Rebecca had a nice dinner.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Belated happy birthday KK!

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Even though my wishes to you for a Happy Birthday are belated, they are still very sincere. Butter cake? You do live well!

10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Happy Birthday KK...hope you gad a good one..

11. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you all for the nice greetings and kind thoughts :)

Sjoerd, yes indeed it is serious and effective way to control those monkeys. When they come, about 10 or more of them of all ages, they just wipe the garden of everything :( It is really heart breaking to see young fruits like aubergine, cucumbers just broken off the plants without being eaten ... grrr!!!

What is growing in my garden? Let me see ... for herbs I have my regular curry leaves, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemongrass, tumeric, dill and basil. For fruit veggie there are bottle gourd, long beans/yard long beans, bitter gourd, okra, aubergine, bird's eye chili and cucumber. Leafy veggie are Asian greens ... mustard head, bok choi, amaranth, Chinese kale/kailan, chye sim/brassica and another kind of brassica which I do not know the name :( For fruits I have only kalamansi, kefir lime and pineapple.

Thank you Carolyn, the dinner was yummy :)

Marlingardener thank you, no worries I know you are sincere :) Yes my favourite cake is butter cake and Becky's butter cake is delicious, I am sure Frank can vouch for that because he had a piece before :)

Thank you Waretrop, you have a nice day too! :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh mate, heartbreaking indeed. They are cute perhaps but so very destructive. Good luck with your ongoing struggle with them.
    It sounds like you have got some good things growing there. Do you have piccies?

13. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Happy birthday KK. Hope is was a good one!

Good luck with those monkeys. So the electrified fence is working? That is good news

14. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Happy Birthday many more !!

15. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Sjoerd they are indeed destructive and aggressive too! When I tried to chase them away they showed me their teeth :mad:. There was a storm last night and the neighbour's tree fell into my garden, he is so stubborn because I told him to cut off the tree before something like this happened again. This is the third time and I really hope that he'll cut off the whole tree this time :mad: Now I have monkeys and a inconsiderate neighbour!
    I'll make another thread for the pictures :)

Thank you Cayuga Morning, the birthday was a good one :) Yes the electrified fence is working and I am just wandering if it could work on the neighbour's stubbornness :D

Thank you Clay_22:)