Happy Birthday Sjoerd

Discussion in 'Birthdays & Anniversaries' started by Jerry Sullivan, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Ha!!! I had the idea that the word was dutch, so I asked my dutch friend Katinka! She said yup, it's dutch. For ICE CREAM!!! Yum. :like:

Here, if you want to know how to say, it, here's a link: Just click on the Audio.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ijsje

Oh, and Frank? That was very clever! :cool: :heart:

Frank and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hello everyone. I sure do appreciate your well-wishes so much. I am upping sticks and moving to another flat. This is the reason that I have not been present for a while. Things are getting really busy now and I am sitting in our little flat surrounded by packed boxes and empty shelves and cabinets. I had not expected that this moving thing would be such a stressful and exhausting ordeal. The logistics are mind-boggling-- getting all those duckies in a row is keeping us on our toes.

First of all JERRY--thanks for getting this birthday ball rolling. I appreciate it very much...and the clever use of the word ijsjes was way cool and made me feel right at home. Ta mate.

RONNI--Thanks for your "gamey" congrats note. I appreciate that. You learned a new word thanks to Jerry, eh? Nice lil cyber card/pic too.

Thanks FRANK--Oh, I could go for some strawbs.

Cheers NETTY--Well I guess by now you know what ijsje means? Thanks for your well-wishes, meid.

Yeah EILEEN-- don't you just....Thank you for the greetings. I did in fact have some ice cream on my BD...with chocolate syrup drizzled all over the top. hahaha.

TONI--I sure do appreciate your birthday wishes. That was really nice. Don't forget your spoon. In fact, if you just bring a bulldozer instead--- we'll have a REAL celebration !

Thanks so much, KAY--you really are a friend.

Oh my, JANE-- Thank you for your good wishes on my birthday. You sometimes do make me blush. What would a guy do without this great forum and its members.

KILDALE--Thanks for the wishes and especially the birdy-birthday pic. That is a good one.

I appreciate your birthday wishes, ISLAND. Thank you.

Cheers DOOLEY and DR--Thanks for your good wishes. I haven't seen you and DR on here so often lately...but I think of you frequently none-the-less. I thought of you a couple of days ago when I was packing the harvest skirts and tote bags for the move. They are holding up well. Thanks.

I appreciate your good wishes too, WANNA. I hope that all is well with you.

So good to hear from you CAYU--It was kind of you to take the time to send your good wishes. Thanks a mil.

CAROLYN-- You are just the nicest lady, aren't you. Glad that you didn't miss the birthday bus. hahaha. Your well-wishes were really nice to hear. Thank you heaps.

Thanks LIC--It was good to get your happy birthday wishes. I like ice cream too----what ever word one uses for it. chuckle.

3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Oops! I'm late ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'MAKKER' :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

hahaha....thanks loads, KK.

Advertisement
  5. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

Sorry I'm late to the party! Hope you had a wonderful birthday Sjored.
    Good luck with your move - never very much fun, but always interesting what we collect over the years.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. kate

kate In Flower

I must apologise Sjoerd...:smt088:smt088:smt089

So helpful to others: have a great day Sjoerd!!!
    A very happy birthday whatever you do
    K

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good luck with the move Sjoerd! What will happen with the allotment?

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sjoerd, be sure to take us along on your move. Otherwise there will be a lot of bereft Stew members!

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good luck with the move!!! Are you leaving the building or area?
    We have been in this house for almost 30 years (in fact it will be paid for by March 1st) and the amount of stuff we have now that we did not have then is mind numbing to think about. We decided long ago that there would be no more moves, at least not ones that we had to pack up for.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Here is a VERY belated Happy Birthday to you. I hope you had a very good one. I am also wondering about your move. Is it near or far from where your are now and I'm also wandering about your lottie.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Merci 4-G--I did have a simple birthday, but enjoyable. Perhaps next year will be more active. hahaha
    Good to see you again, meid.

Hiya Kate--No worries, it is just great to hear from you. cheers for the well-wishes.

Hey FRANK-- Thanks. ,This move is driving me around the bend...it is so stressful and involves a great deal of heavy work...but we are getting there. I went out to the allotment today briefly to look and feed the birds. The whole place is covered in snow, so not much work to do...not that I had time for it. I am staying up way past my bedtime to check in here and make a comment or two...I am up early tomorrow to go over to the new place and work.

JANE---I will not be able to spend time on here until after the move simply because my schedule is so different and at the end of the day, I am exhausted and just go to bed, in order to get up early to begin another day of work. After it is all over, I will show a couple of piccies. Thanks so much for the interest.

Hi TONI--Yes miss, I am leaving the building that I am in currently, for another place down in the harbour quartier.
    You are right about "no more moves"....This one is my last...never again. hahaha.

Hello there, 2 OF-- Thanks you for the birthday wishes. It is a bit of a ways from where I live now, but I live in a smallish town, so it isn't that far. The distance to the lottie will be minimally further. It will be in the harbour area and as such very close to the old centrum of the city. I will be able to walk there now instead of walking. Yippee !

Frank likes this.
  12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

wow! I so not envy you at all, try not to let it stress you too much... ask yourself... is it worth it? usually it isn't. Kevin is much better at taking things in stride than I am... but moving... whoo whee! I just can't imagine... I had a bunch of other questions but I erased them as I figure you will fill us in with the answers later... take care and rest up drink your tea and breathe deep. hugs for both of you.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks for the hugs Carolyn---I needed that. Man, I am sooo stressed out. This is so not me...but this situation is way beyond "normal life" and I guess that I just can't help it--work, worry and plans...and lack of sleep, you know how it goes.
    Today the bride is over at the new house waiting for a delivery and I am here in the old house waiting for a different delivery. It is good, because I can sort of rest.

You can write those questions either on here or in a PM and I will get back with you when I can. The actual move is next monday and it marks the halfway point in the move. All the stuff must be placed there after cleaning every surface and I will have to remove everything in this old place---from laminate to light fixtures. The wall paper must be steamed off and holes filled. BAH--I have had enough of this.

Seeya next time. Thanks for the note annnnnnnnnd the hug. That bit of empathy meant a lot.

14. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Wow Sjoerd! You have your work cut out for you!! I bet you truly are exhausted come the end of the day. Too bad we are all so far apart, otherwise we could organize a Stew work party & all pitch in!

I do hope you will get to the end if this soon. Sounds like this Monday is moving day & after that it is work time, rehabbing the old place? Good luck with it all. Thinking of you.

Sjoerd likes this.
  15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sjoerd, what a lot of work and bother to move....you landlord doesn't provide any of the basics or did you do some remodeling that has to be removed? I watched a House Hunter show on HGTV a few years ago that was filmed in Italy and when the previous renters moved they took everything including the kitchen sink and all other kitchen and bath fixtures and the sales person said that was normal.
    Good luck on the whole process.

Sjoerd likes this.