Happy Fathers Day

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

My Fathers Day Gift was being able to come home from the Hospital yesterday after being there for 2 weeks. They finally found out why I was having breathing problems. My heart is weakening faster than what they thought. I had large amounts of fluid around the heart and lungs. In 3 days they removed 9 liters of fluid. But to look at me, I was really thin. The fluid was hiding around my stomach.
    They sent me home with a portable IV pump that pumps meds. to the heart. The meds. are to strengthen the heart some. I am mobile and not feeling too bad. The Dr.s say about 2 years for me.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have been wondering where you were but thought you might be spending a lot of time with the friend you told us about earlier this month. I don't like hearing you were in the hospital, but glad to hear you are home.
    The next two years we hope to see you on here a lot !!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate lets hope that with the fluid removed and the meds that you'll be able to prolong the 2-year estimation. I, for one, shall be rooting for you.
    Good to hear that you are home now. You are pretty happy about that, eh?
    It is good to see you on here. How are your Mock Oranges doing?

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We had tons of bloom on the mock orange this year. They were really pretty.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    It is nice you are home and posting. Had been concerned about your health and sorry to hear about the prognosis. Glad you are feeling better. Take care and well wishes. Happy Fathers' Day

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to hear you had a rough 2 weeks Capt. I'm glad they discovered the cause of your discomfort and I hope the next two years turn into a much longer period. We are all thinking about you on the Stew. Take it easy my friend.

8. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well......@#$%^! :smt076 I'm just not going to agree with that two year thing! No sir I am NOT!

I am VERY glad you're out of the hospital. And so happy to hear you're mobile, and that you're not feeling bad. :smt041 Glad you got to spend Father's Day out in the world! ;)

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I thought you were spending time with your friend CK not cooped up in hospital!! I'm glad they got to the bottom of your problem and that you're now back at home and feeling better. Two years? Mmm I'm sure you can beat that time limit with help from family and all your friends here. Just don't go doing anything daft like humping lots of wood around. Take things easy and enjoy life to the full.

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Sorry to hear you have been in the hospital...I know many people that have outlived their expectations. One person was told he would never leave the hospital and he did and is doing quite well. Just take care of yourself....