Hello from Birmingham, Alabama!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Dirtmechanic, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh DM--I know about these guys and the hx of the famous studio. So many famous artists have recorded there. Actually I have always wondered if a film has been made about the rhythm sec6tion and the studio. It ought to be...well at least music lovers would appreciate it, I believe.
    That song, "Sweet Home Alabama"is such a rhymical number and has been done by several artists. I like the Larry Cordle version.
    It is so great to have such possibilities with the internet that one can look-up and learn about so much, if they just have the interest and patience to do so .

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Dirtmechanic :wave:
    Welcome to GardenStew from Southern Ontario!

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  3. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Thank you! Although I live in Southeast US, I actually became a landed immigrant once in Canada as part of a gold mining expedition put together by my StepFather. This went on in the summer of 1985. We flew in about 150 miles east southeast of Whitehorse, Yukon. Big fun! I was using hand tools left at the site in 1933. Amazing how the dry air and cold served to preserve them outdoors. Evidently the miner brought a mason jar of fresh gold into whitehorse because he was ill and died there, starting yet another search for buried riches!

I was just talking with my google home speaker about that very subject!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2019
    Sjoerd and Catdaddy6676 like this.
  4. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

Yes. When clay soil is drenched, it is not good to dig.

Dirtmechanic likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Or when it is dry and hard. I distinctly remember laying on top of a one man auger trying to set a fence post out front. Brutal. FINALLY got it done. I was fairly proud of my effort and the previous owner who built the house came wandering up and announced he had buried his dog there. Bad clay day.