While the weather was bad I took the opportunity to make some windows (or frames you might call them) for my bees, for as soon as the weather warms-up enough to do the "Spring Inspection", I will need to have some foundation frames on hand. While I am at it, I shall also make some honey frames and some closed frames. First of all, I went out to a imkerswinkel (beekeepers' shop) shop and bought some supplies which had to be assembled-- sort of like IKEA furniture. These are simple pieces of pre-cut lengths of wood. To begin with I wanted to make a few sluitblokken (space-filler frames). These are frames that are solid and bees cannot use them. They are meant to limit the free space inside the hive for a small colony. I begin by gluing the joints together. Next, I nail the glued joints together for stability. Next I had to cut some pieces of thin wooden sheets to close the frame. This first side is nailed onto one side. You flip the frame over and place some styrofoam in the frame for insulation), cutting it to form. Once the styrofoam sheet is placed, then the second wooden piece is nailed into place. Bob's yer uncle! The next thing to do was to separate the remaining pieces and organize them into groups. I then punched brass eyelets into holes that were made for stringing the frames with stainless steel wire. I am punching it through here. Here you can see how the eyelets look once placed. The frame is ready for stringing now. You secure one end of the steel wire and then thread it through the eyelets back and forth until you reach the other end. Secure that second end of the wire now and this is the end of the construction phase. I will take all the frames that I made to the lottie where I shall keep them on hand for use when the necessity arises.