Herbicides registered for Orchards

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by Dirtmechanic, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Last year I covered the ground under my Roma tomatoes with brown paper from grocery bags. The goal was to prevent fungus spores from splashing onto the tomato leaves. I hand watered them, keeping the leaves dry. I also mostly grew a disease resistant hybrids. They did not get any fungus disease. With the paper mulch, they also didn't need weeding and watering was much less. For slicing tomatoes I had more of a mixed bag, but the best result was growing on posts and removing the lowest leaves. You probably have a hotter wetter summer so these things might not work for you.

This year I'm using brown paper again and drip irrigation. If I have the energy, I'll built a horizontal trellis system for the Romas. I'll grow more dwarf slicing tomatoes this year but also Bush Early Girl which is multi disease resistant.

I'm hoping to use wiltpruf because it is made from pine resins. My theory is if I spray it on my apple trees, they will make pineapples :).

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  2. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Haha I am a knight of pineapple myself! Yeah we can have 90 percent humidity at 90f for days on end. Things start growing on the sides of buildings. Its over the internet line of experience.