Hi Everyone..Guess What????

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Dec 15, 2018.

1. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Here are more pics:
    The ugly safety risk shrubs
    Ugly Shrubs.jpg

Unpainted Living & Dining Rooms
    Unpainted (Before Move In).jpg

Painted by Me (weekend after closing)
    Painted (Before Move In).jpg

We moved in Dec 20th!!

2. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Carolyn!!!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  3. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

KK I am going to try and become a member of the board when the time arises.;) I think as a gardener, changes can be made to enhance the community bond over food! Whatcha think? I will do my thing first to see how much I can push the envelope with growing food. Out of sight in the front yard (haha) in between the "regular" flowers!! The homes around here have plain yards, so I hope to change that a little, so people will start enjoying their "yardens". They never said anything about gardens, just no "farming". There was something about grass, but not to worry, they will have the grass with a few changes.

KK Ng and Gail-Steman like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

What a lovely home! Your choice of color for the living room and dining room is perfect, and that fireplace is gorgeous. Soon you will have a yard that is as beautiful as your new home. I'm very happy for you!:setc_083:

Gail-Steman and hummerbum like this.

Advertisement
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Wow!! A new home is always exciting and gets everybody on Gardenstew excited:smt026:smt026:smt026. Watching existing plants appear and planning for new plants. Excitement in every picture. You have us glued to our screens:):):)

Best of wishes in your new house,

Jerry

6. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Marlingardener & Jerry!!! I was just telling my husband last night...funny thing is..I don't know where to start (besides those shrubs)...so I'm giving it a minute while we settle in and hopefully, the yard will speak to me.
    In my case Jerry, things are going to disappear..LOLLLL. You can't see it, but there is a beautiful palm tree on the opposite front corner of the house. That will stay! Will definitely be needing advice for different projects. Will keep you posted on the changes.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hello hummerbum...I do like you taste in décor very nice and your fire place looks beautiful :heart:...I do hope your enjoying your new home :)

Cayuga Morning and hummerbum like this.
  8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

That is a lovely home, it's so homely I loved it.:heart::) Great painting job too!!!

Great idea to be a member of the board and I am sure you can go around the word "Farming", just call it an "edible garden" and well organized garden with veggies can be really be beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. Veggies flower too!

Good luck and have fun :D.

9. mart

mart Strong Ash

Absolutely gorgeous property and house !! Now for the inside ? :)

hummerbum and Gail-Steman like this.
  10. mart

mart Strong Ash

You could throw some lettuce in with the flowers and I doubt they would even notice ! Surely could not "farm" anything on a city lot ! To farm means you have to turn the soil ! But you can grow things !

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well That house of yours is a gorgeous thing to behold...inside and out (from what I can see). You did such a good job painting. If there is painting done...serious painting....then the Bride does it because she used to paint boats and has such a good skill at it. For less precise work, I paint. hahaha.
    Is the living room colour green, blue or blue-green?

12. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you all for the warm wishes. I'm gonna have to get rid of the front yard...pretty much. They dumped sand, then topped with a layer of topsoil for the grass. Found that out from the pool guy. But for right now the shrubs will disappear. I still have to bring over my plants from the apartment...most likely this wknd. We enjoyed that hot tub on New Years Eve along with some of the grands....boy did they have a ball going from hot tub to cold pool.
    Sjoerd, that is almost a sage green with blue/grey undertones. Its called Underground Gardens (Farmhouse Colors from Behr). Look it up... beautiful color. Goes great with earth tones..browns, golds, (not an earth color...pops of red). The kitchen has not been painted over yet and will be a plum (already have the paint), just ran out of steam...lol.
    Mart, I will definitely throw some lettuce out there, but I have to speak with the pest control people first. Can't wait to put up my hummingbird feeders.
    Been in lala land, so now it's time to start seedlings for the spring/summer. So exciting!
    Again, thank you all!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi @hummerbum it sounds like you had a smashing time and it's a nice bonus with an hot tub included...please add more pic's if you don't mind as your sorting your garden :)

hummerbum likes this.
  14. pauljohn39

pauljohn39 New Seed

Congratulations! It is a lovely home, hope you personalize it to really make it your own.

15. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Gail...we had a great time...making those memories. I will definitely be adding more pics as they come.
    Thank you Pauljohn39...yes we will.

Gail-Steman likes this.