Hi Everyone..Guess What????

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I look forward to seeing them as you progress :)

hummerbum likes this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I just caught up with this thread Hummerb. What a beautiful home !!!! It is lovely, and a pool, and a yard! How wonderful. I also like your choice in paint. Congrats kiddo!

hummerbum and Gail-Steman like this.
  3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

It's very rare you see homes here with such added additions...unless you go high on the scale of buying...I see some lovely homes here and abroad for people looking for new homes on the tele, just love watching them.

hummerbum likes this.
  4. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

good stuff, looks like theirs a lot of potential for a nice garden.

Advertisement
  5. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Gail-Steman...it is rare that you get everything you want in a home..this is truly a blessing that we almost let go, then we came to our senses really quickly. Like I said before, I thought that I needed 2 or 3 acres to make me happy, then when we came to see the property, it hit me like a ton of bricks....we are not young anymore and what was presented in front of us, was actually perfect for us and yes, I will post because I will definitely need advise!!!

Thank you, Adam.ca and welcome!!!

Now for more pics!!! My siding looks distorted, but I can assure you that it's not....lol
    Remember this picture? Ugly Shrubs.jpg
    Well...this took place today ... a clean slate!!! All of that will be loaded with plants...and yes, we will cover the tank with a gate! Felt so good to play with the area after the men left. Got my rake and just smiled!!! The possibilities...knock out roses, hibiscus will definitely be some of the main characters!!!
    Clean Slate.jpg

I thought that it was high time that I started growing again:
    Taken 1/2/2019
    Time to Grow (1-2-19).jpg
    Today's Pics:
    Happiness.jpg

The Little Things.jpg

6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well I must say it's like a new property you have established it well and truly put you markings on it, well me and hubby are knocking on and he wanted an house and I was for a bungalow just the one level and bingo we found our home but like yourself work had to go into it and your establishing your growing quickly nice one :like:

Thank you for adding the pic's much appreciated :)

7. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

:eek:

you plan on planting something here?

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you and you're welcome Gail-Steman...that change was everything. I agree, it was as if we have a new property and finally seeing the "whole" house in its entirety. My husband didn't know i had it done, so when he walked out to go to work, he said "WHOA, the trees are gone and this house looks totally different and its huge!" Now I can open the blinds and see these views instead of a bush. That thing had a huge trunk on it and completely blocked a 2 window section in the dining room!!!!

Dining Room to Carport
    Dining Room to Carport!!!.jpg
    Dining Room to Pool
    Dining Room to Pool View.jpg

Now we can eat and stare out the windows. A hummer feeder will go there as well as a butterfly garden. I have to see how much water and how the rain comes off the roof though. No gutters. Oh, that carport/storage/she shed is housing my plants from the apartment...protection from the frost. Man is it warm in there and has electricity, so you know what that means...time to start seeds and set up my hydroponics!

Sjoerd and Gail-Steman like this.
  9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I just can't believe the difference and your hubby must be pleased...we've just had guttering and eaves put around ours and please just call me Gail :)

10. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Sorry, Gail. Lol. We have another Gail on here. I knowwwwwww rightttttttt. When I told the Seller at closing that those shrubs were going the first thing to go, you would have thought I took a kidney....lol. The builders apparently didn't pay attention to maturity height and width. But all is well, they are gone now and I can begin my "vision" process. This yarden will be filled with every plant that I have ever loved and had at one time...I love salvias, penstemons, agastache, hostas, butterfly bushes, lantana, oakleaf hydrangea, zinnias, cosmos among other plants. I have to do a good bit of amending areas. Most will go in the fabric containers that I love to use. I can tell you for certain...there are a ton of earth worms on this property...they take a dip in the pool a lot. I already have an order of seeds on the way...LOL

adam.ca and Gail-Steman like this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

You haven't got to apologise...I love my plants but i'm useless at ID unless I actually know the plant and it really annoys me at times...we had a large birch blocking the view in our living room and my hubby cut it low and it's now in a ball shape and it's nice to see light.
    It should look beautiful with how you've got your mind on the plants you want :)

hummerbum likes this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh things are coming right along, aren't they.
    What a difference it makes to have those big bushes out of the way. Well done you.

13. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Gail. Sjoerd...I'm trying..lol. Thank you!!

Sjoerd and Gail-Steman like this.
  14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Trying I think your doing a marvellous job...turning it over so quickly into looking like a bran new property :like:

15. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Gail. I am now going to try and keep my mind from going all over the place. The front lawn is next.

Gail-Steman likes this.