Hi from a personal Jurassic Park in Tallahassee Florida

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by pontyrogof, Jun 13, 2015.

1. pontyrogof

pontyrogof New Seed

I found out about gardenstew by googling for the gardening forums that get the most online circulation. :)

I've been using gardenweb for years but since Houzz took it over I wanted to increase my own circulation.

I am especially interested in all things ORGANIC, wildlife, erosion control, and no motorized yard maintenance tools on my half-acre jungle. I want frogs, dragon flies, birds, lizards, snakes, spiders, etc. and everything they need to live in a balance with me. I am a compulsive mulcher and composter.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi pontyrogof :wave: Welcome to GardenStew from southern Ontario!

3. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

Hi Welcome to the forum. Jurassic Park? Do you live near there?

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Pontyrogof and a hearty welcome to GardenStew :hi: Really interested to hear more about your garden and daily adventures there :like:

Has GardenWeb really changed that much under Houzz? It looks pretty much the same to me.

Advertisement
  5. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

:setc_034:Welcome Pontyrogof from Colima, Mexico. I think you will find some like-minded people here. The Stew is much smaller than Garden Web, but people participate more here and are friendly. I was at Garden Web for a couple of weeks and it felt to me like no one was home and nothing much going on. I got the feeling that morale was low because of the Houzz business. I'm liking the Stew much better and i'm sure you will too. I have a butterfly garden here in Colima that attracts lots of hummingbirds and bees as well...geckos and lizards, dragonflies come with the territory and so does 100% organic gardening...no exceptions, no 'cides.

6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

This time a big welcome from an organic gardener and nature lover in Scotland. You sound just like the type of person who will enjoy being part of GardenStew. Do tell us a little more about yourself and maybe even show us some photographs.