Home Improvement Projects Fall/Winter

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Pianolady, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Called my electrical contractor from the piano studio project I did years ago. She came by within an hour to look at my kitchen to see what we could do with my lack of lighting. She's going to call me back with a quote later today. I hope it's something I can afford, as we've lived in a very dark kitchen for a long, long time. Hopefully I'll have some "after" pics with this done soon!

Update: Yay! It's in my budget, they'll be coming next week to brighten up my kitchen. Getting 4 adjustable lights in the ceiling.

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Good for you.One of my customer has one the darkest kitchen I ever have worked in. Only over head light is a ceiling fan -heavy frosted glass. And VERY small light above kitchen sink. Feel like wearing coal-miners hat when I clean.

3. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Woohoo! We have light! Why didn't I do this a long time ago? I guess it takes 15 years in a house to realize something can be fixed relatively inexpensively. Worth every cent not to have to climb up into our tiny attic.

Pics taken with no flash! :-D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frank and Henry Johnson like this.
  4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

And let there be light! Looks good. Congrats

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Looks great PL :)

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Love your kitchen. Want to get new counter tops.Can't afford granite. Going to Cedar Rapids look what Ar-Jays has. Customer remodeled their kitchen-$45,000 worth.

7. Stevia

Stevia New Seed

Well, seems like you have done most of the things needed to spruce up your home. Lighting is very essential to brighten up home. The house here looks amazing after renovation. It is cozy and simply perfect to settle in here.

8. Stevia

Stevia New Seed

Well, seems like you have done most of the things needed to spruce up your home. Lighting is very essential to brighten up home. The house here looks amazing after renovation. It is cozy and simply perfect to settle in here.

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That looks very nice. Now, with good lighting, you will be able to see when you cut your fingers with that knife. :D :D