Homework

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We have a number of seedlings here at home in the bedroom and out on the balcony. Today it was time to pot the toms further on.
    IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3569.jpeg

I am chitting the spuds and they are almost ready.
    IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3565.jpeg

We have already taken quite a few seedlings to the garden, but here is what else is left here at home:
    IMG_3564.jpeg

There are still runner beans and french climbers yet to be planted, but that is for another day. Perhaps some annual flowers as well. BTW, I have transplanted some Camassia and Stokesia. I am more than a little interested seeing how they will fare. Probably a bit stunted this first year.

Logan, Frank, Oreti and 3 others like this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Your Tomatoes look wonderful Sjoerd! Nice and healthy. It's very exciting how things are progressing for you. I'll be curious to see how your transplanted beet roots fare.

Your patio planters that you did last year look really lovely. They should have a great year it seems as well. :)

Logan, Oreti, Daniel W and 2 others like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Lots of great starts for a veggie garden. Will be fun to watch them all grow in your garden. Your such a pro..
    You definitely have a huge Green Thumb. IMG_2656.jpeg Cheers……:)

Oreti, Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mel— Thanks. I really chopped those toms thoroughly, leaving only the very top leaves. I am hoping the stem that is underground will quickly develop roots. I am curious how the beetroot seedlings will do once transplanted into the garden plot. I am glad you noticed those planters. The little grass wedges have grown a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. I hope that they will grow a bit each year. I am so enamoured with those grasses.

Pac— Great green thumb pic. I really appreciate your compliment. Thank you so much.

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Those toms look great! You are ahead of me in the Great Tomato Race. Mine are growing, so I'm not worried.

However, if my chickens laid eggs that looked like those, I'd be concerned about them.

Logan, Sjoerd, Oreti and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Hehe great comment on the potatoes in the egg cartons … :)

Logan, Sjoerd and Oreti like this.
  7. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Wow !!! @Sjoerd you have a lot going on in the bedroom!!;)
    Looking fabulous.:like:

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Daniel— mate, I am surprised that I am ahead of you Great Tom Race. I am always one of the last ones on here to harvest my toms. They are doing well this year, but as we say over here, “Hardlopers zijn doodlopers”. This just means that one who begins with too enthusiastically will burn-out before the end. It is a saying that is commonly used with running contests or speed skating contests, it can be applied to all sorts of other situations however.
    Yeah, and it looks like the chooks ought to be calling Houston.

Ta Pac. :p I see what you are thinking.

Oreti— chortle. It was all getting a bit out-of-hand in the bedroom and I had to take some things to the balcony and others to the lottie for completion. Mate, when I get those beans going, then it really will be something. They always require such careful planning.
    Thanks for saying it all looks good. These days it is difficult to accurately plan the planting and setting-out schedule. I sort of have to guess and hope for the best.

Oreti, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Looking good Sjoerd, I sow my tomatoes in the middle of march because they'll be going outside at the end of may.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd your gardening projects are growing fast. Seeds are the greatest gift for gardeners.

Logan and Oreti like this.