How did you choose your username?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

On nick names, our daughter's name is Lisa and as a child she got the name Lizzy Drip. There was a kids programme on TV at the time called "Lizzy Dripping." The name is a slang term for a girl in the Nottingham area.

We still refer to her as that sometimes, despite the fact that she's very intelligent and is a highly qualified paediatric nurse.
    She had a teenage friend Alison, who smoked a lot, so we once called her, "Fag Ash Lil." She didn't mind as she knew we were trying to get her to give it up. The name quickly got abreviated and stuck. Some time later her mother asked me, "Why do you call Alison, Lil?" I didn't tell her.

Once I'd been taking some photos of some koi I had in the quarantine pool in the garage.
    On the way back I saw her standing on the flat roof of our lounge smoking a cigarette whilst holding an umbrella as it was raining. She'd climbed out of our daughter's bedroom window as she knew we didn't like anyone smoking in the house.

2. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

I just love Dahlias.. ...sadly not one of mine just one of many in the Oreti group.

upload_2024-3-24_8-10-44.png

Oreti Adele.

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I wandered where you got your username from. Lovely dahlia.

Pacnorwest and Oreti like this.
  4. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

I have so many user names in use at the moment so decided to give it a bit of thought ....I wanted something a bit unusual so as I love my Dahlias......bingo!! Oreti it is.

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Dahlias are a fav of mine to grow too. They are so many varieties, colors styles and easy care.

My screen name is from the area where I live and garden. For short everyone uses Pac. The Pacific Northwest .. in northern Oregon is a temperate climate zone . Can grow almost anything except tropicals. Among the different states and garden zones I have lived in the US, Oregon’s PNW climate zone offers more variety and diversity of plants than other climate zones in the US where I have lived.

Daniel W, Logan and Oreti like this.
  6. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Whats your lowest temperatures in Winter then @Pacnorwest ?

7. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Very pretty.

My username isn't very creative LOL.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Daniel it’s totally you…. We all know who the go to guy is for garden info. You have so much creativity out in your garden , the many displays of plants and the new bath remodel with all the beautiful appointments that really make it sing. Not to mention your gorgeous quilts.

Oreti and Daniel W like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Well that a tricky question to answer since the last few years with global warming temps have been off the charts, last winter we had a -10 for a few days the lowest in years . We also had 14” of snow. Last April we experienced an ice storm that froze all the cherry tree flowers they were enclosed in ice.

Daniel W likes this.
  10. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

Oh gosh, and I was thinking that you were a lot warmer than us.. Brrrrr !!

Pacnorwest likes this.