How Many?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We all know the joke: How many Belgians does it take to change a light bulb?
    Ans— Four, one to hold the bulb and three to turn the ladder.

Whilst sitting at the reading table reading the newspaper and catching up on the Stew, we live in a quiet area of the harbour so when there is movement outdoors, it is noticed.

Two blokes arrived to check the streetlights up on the walking path on top of the dike. Apparently the lamp poles were loosened back during that harsh windstorm we had.
    They worked on the first pole, swinging it back and forth, then dug up some sod and heeled it in at the lamp’s base.

As they moved on to pole two, two more men arrived in their service kit. The one kept working, his work partner broke off to go and chat with the two new guys. So there the three standing, hands in their pockets as the fourth chap worked on.
    9616B097-163F-4D58-A017-986BC0657E32.jpeg

The three continued their chinwag as the worker moved on to the next lamp pole.
    BAB9F915-6D9A-4492-8468-C9B0D20102BE.jpeg

Two of the three assumed the serious working pose with their hands on their backs. Meanwhile the real worker moved on to another pole, eventually disappearing into the little harbour park. The yellow arrow points to him under the hanging flower basket…and yes the “important” workers continued to waffle on as the fourth man just kept going.
    EAF003F9-5B49-4C3F-812D-4198251ED823.jpeg

So watching this incredible scene play out we realised that we too had this joke on ourselves—
    How many Dutchmen does it take to secure a street light pole?
    Answer: Four, three to waffle and one to do the work from pole to pole.

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

How many Texans does it take to do anything?
    Answer: None. They won't do it, but they will say "we're fixin' to do it".

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Priceless Jane…just priceless.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

ohhhhh....to be inside the head of the man working hard whilst other's stood by. Probably some colourful thoughts running through that head. Might make a sailor blush.

Daniel W, Logan and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hahaha…too right, Mel. He did have a shovel in his hands. Hmmmmmm.

Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  7. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

I think most of you know I was born and raised in Washington State. I moved to Georgia (that was where my granddaughter was born), and then Texas in my later adult life. In Texas I was a mail carrier. Sometimes I'd have a heavy route and would call an older lady from church. She lived within a block of the school that my granddaughter attended. She'd walk up, and bring my granddaughter back to her house until I got off and was able to pick her up. One day I picked her up and had her all buckled in her carseat (she was in kindergarten maybe 1st grade) and realized I forgot something. So I told her I'd be right back (the town was bigger than the town we lived in but still very small). I got whatever it was and was leaving, when the woman asked me something ( I was also very part-time secretary/bookkeeper at the church). I finally got back to the car (it was not more than 6 or 8 minutes). I turn to my granddaughter and tell her okay let's go. She looks back at me, with a very serious look and tells me, "What took so long? I was fixin' to come in and get you"! To say I was shocked is putting it mildly. She had picked up that southern saying somewhere. She had never said it before.

Melody Mc., eileen, Logan and 2 others like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's funny Sjoerd, that happens here also.

Melody Mc., eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

I've seen a lot of road repair crews around here like that, too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ers-change-lightbulb--climb-ladder-watch.html

By the way Sjoerd, I never heard that comment about Belgians around here. But Belgian waffles.... yum! And I read that French Fries were actually a Belgian invention too. I should move there LOL.

How many politicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

We'll never know. They always lie about it.

Odif, Logan, eileen and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate, you would be so welcome here. I think that you would fit right in.

the french fries we simply call, friet…or pomme friet. The Belgian friets are called, Vlaamse friet, reflecting the portion of Belgium called Vlaanderen ( Flanders).

That was a good political joke. Haha.

Melody Mc., Logan and eileen like this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.