How to care for an angry cat?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Victoriana, Jul 10, 2009.

1. divengrabber

divengrabber New Seed

Just rub under their neck, you will get instant calming results.

moderator's note: corrected chatspeak to normal writing, see point 3.2 of usage rules

2. Bethee

Bethee New Seed

I had a very angry cat--he was a stray that I picked up and brought home. He wasn't angry 100 percent of the time, but just maybe 50 percent. I loved him, but he was hard to deal with. He died last year from complications of diabetes. I never heard of the Bach Rescue Remedy before. Maybe that would have worked with my cat.

moderator's note: removed website link, see point 1.1 of usage rules

3. Sprout

Sprout New Seed

Another possibility is something called Good Cat. I got it at PetCo. It does the same thing as Rescue Remedy, but I think it's cheaper. I adopted a stray last fall who's something of a biter. When he first wandered into my yard he was always hissing and growling, although he gradually calmed down when he realized that I was a friend (i.e., I kept feeding him). I put several drops of Good Cat in the water bowl to calm down both him and the resident cats.

4. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I love your kitty, very cute! We have two spoiled felines and a spoiled doggy. We actually gave one of them; Dolly, a little hair cut this a.m. because her "mane" was getting too long! I am so happy to read about all the animal lovers out there, and how lucky all our animal family members are to have such wonderful owners who care so much and take such good care of them! ;)

Advertisement