How to Transplant a Snake Plant?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by Edlou8181, Jun 9, 2013.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Also they want to bloom even more if it is root bound or pot bound. To continue their species and all that....

Edlou8181, Some flowers only emit a smell at the time, their kind of, flirtalizing bug comes out. Some during the day and some at night. They really cater to their favorite bugs.....Sex is all about attraction, you know........

2. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

When the pot gets full, there's no more room for pups. I've seen blooms twice on these plants, which started as one plant my Gramma gave me a couple decades ago.

Put in a 5-gallon bucket, it was soon full of pretty white new growth from all of the babies/pups.
    [​IMG]
    Sansevieria trifasciata ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

A flower from last year.
    [​IMG]
    Sansevieria trifasciata flowers ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

I put some in the ground for summer and they are making tons of pups, farther away from the mama than I expected, without the constraint of a pot.
    [​IMG]
    In the ground for summer, making tons of babies ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

What pups/rhizomes have to do to find their way in a crowded pot. You can separate them to have multiple plants, and/or to give each more room to make offspring.
    [​IMG]
    Unpotted Sansevieria. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

A little pup having trouble finding a way out. This one was store-bought much more recently.
    [​IMG]
    Sans with new pup. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )