Hudson and Molly.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Philip Nulty, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Barb,..thank you,..to rescue the new Molly from the Rescue Group sort of helps ease the loss of Molly who was put to sleep,..i still miss my first dog 'Hudson' and now 'Molly' is added to the memories,..i will do my best to top how well i treated my lost dogs with the new one,..i learned many things from them along the way.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I feel sorry for the previous owner. Poor Molly lost out because of an unfortunate situation. However she has a wonderful life and home in front of her now. With all your plants and nature she is in a Wonderland now :rosy:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Frank,..yes sad for the previous owner and of course it bothered Molly as well,..it appears she was very nervous in the Rescue Group and took time to settle in,..as far as i can recall she was there since around the 7th of July which is a long time,..it seemed nobody wanted a small dog,..lucky me,..Molly was very quiet here on her first night,..she took over the couch but moved over to give me room,..instead of sleeping in her doggy bed she slept on the end of my bed and didn't disturb me even though i am a light sleeper.

Kay, 2ofus, Cayuga Morning and 3 others like this.
  4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

As i mentioned in a previous post Molly was attacked by another dog in the Rescue Center the day before i picked her up,..i convinced the staff to let me take her home with me as she would recover far quicker with less stress and no other dogs present to scare her further,..she has about 20 stitches around her neck,..mostly on the left side the remainder on the right and back of her neck,..they gave me medication for Molly.

As the stitches were around the neck a collar could not be used nor the Lampshade type protector to stop Molly scratching her neck.

Everything worked fine Fri,..Sat and Sun,..but on Mon night Molly tore away a few of the stitches,..believe me it looked horrible.

Today Molly spent some hours having the stitches replaced,..this time they put non removable socks on her back legs preventing her reaching her back legs to scratch her neck,..so far all is well,..seven hours later.

Some images of Molly while in the Rescue Center,..in one shot there is a small Terrier behind her,..were that dog also available i would have took both of them,..i learned after i went to the Center that both dogs arrived together and were together in a Kennel for some time.

Before the dog attack.
    20170627_123657_resized.jpg

20170703_142106_resized.jpg

The cute little Terrier behind Molly.

20170703_121227_resized_1.jpg

How Molly looks after the attack,..shaved with stitches.
    2017-08-25_14.08.37.jpg
    She has improved since this picture captured last Friday,..the blood washed off and a new stitches and flow tube.

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Holy Moly......that is terrible....you will get her better.....

2ofus, Philip Nulty and carolyn like this.
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Do they just dump all the dogs together? To survive or not? Gadzooks! What happened to the other dog? I hope they isolated it from harming other dogs or at least put a muzzle on it.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

It's a pity her terrier friend was not available. I'm glad Molly is recovering quickly. What a sad thing to happen to her :(

2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

She looks like a keeper to me Philip, bald skin, stitches & all. She will respond quickly to your loving & calming care. Both of you are fortunate.

9. waretrop

So I re read over and over again and even googled it......Where are the socks? Also, is the last picture after she damaged herself? Is some of the skin and fur gone forever?

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Barb,..Carolyn,..Cayuga Morning,..Frank,

Thanks one and all,..yes Molly looks bad in that garden picture dated Friday 25th,..she has improved greatly since,..the reddish skin has returned to normal,..the new stitches have not opened despite her scratching,..or trying,..but with the socks,..which cover from the foot to the bend in the back leg,..they are padded therefore will not catch the stitches,..( Barb,..i will take a picture of the socks when and if the vet puts on new ones tomorrow),..she still has a drain tube inserted to allow any blood to seep out,..this is to be removed in the morning.

The dog attack happened when they were exercising the dogs,..despite all dogs being on a lead,..apparently it happened very sudden,..(Carolyn,..yep the attacking dog was isolated after the event),..oh in order to take a dog from the Rescue Center,..lots of ID has to be presented,..also a visit to see is the dog settled in,..it still costs £100 to take a dog.

Cayuga Morning,..definitely a keeper,..she is eating and drinking now,..following me like a shadow and licks at every opportunity,..a real lap dog lol.

Barb,..the hair removed in order to put in the stitches will take about 3 months to regrow,..combing the area will stimulate the hair to grow quicker,..that last picture is the day after she was attacked,..the day i took her home.

Carolyn,..the attack should never have happened,..it was careless.

Frank,..the other dog was kenneled with Molly,.. it was re homed first,..they become attached to another dog in this case so it must be hard when they are split up,..i guess at first it helps when dogs come in together to keep them in each others company to help them relax as it must be a terrible experience with all the barking.

11. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Socks,..i had hoped the vet would change Molly's socks,..no such luck,..not that i mentioned it,..i was charged £140 just to have the stitches replaced,..they sure know how to sew it in.

Seeing the socks were loose i used Gorilla Tape to keep them in place,..they are essential otherwise Molly will scratch,..catch the stitches all over again.
    2017-08-30_00.17.05.jpg

2017-08-30_15.04.01.jpg

We had a walk today.
    August 31st 2017. 003.jpg

August 31st 2017. 014.jpg

August 31st 2017. 015.jpg

August 31st 2017. 002.jpg

Jewell, Cayuga Morning, Frank and 3 others like this.
  12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

The continuing saga,..2days ago Molly had the drain tube removed,..i had hoped there would be no more problems until the stitches were taken out,..no such luck,..the stitches didn't hold and molly had to spend the day in the vets,..new stitches put in and a strong bandage to hold everything in place,..to return to the vet next Monday,..had to fork out another £100 today,..so far that's £340,..an expensive little dog,..not that i mind forking out the cash,..she deserves a chance,..she bit the vet today :sete_056::sete_056::smt035:smt041:smt026:)

2017-09-01_22.02.50.jpg

2017-09-01_22.03.06.jpg

Jewell, Cayuga Morning, 2ofus and 3 others like this.
  13. waretrop

OMGosh!!!! Wish I were there to watch her every second for 3 days.....Please try not to take your eyes off her for 1 minute......

14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Barb,..i am keeping a close watch on her until Monday,..even while i am on the computer i can see her lying on a fleece jacket i placed on my bed,..she sticks to it.
    2017-09-02_19.41.03.jpg

2ofus likes this.
  15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

2017-09-05_11.14.35.jpg

2017-08-06_13.32.44.jpg

2017-08-06_13.32.58.jpg

2017-08-06_13.34.07.jpg

2017-08-06_13.34.24.jpg
    What is that.
    2017-09-05_11.14.23.jpg
    A Dragonfly.