Hydrangea - Tips, Care, Help, Advice

Discussion in 'Hydrangea' started by Frank, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

- A fascinating aspect of the Hydrangea is that you can change its colour by altering the pH of the soil it grows in! An acidic soil produces blue flowers and at the other end of the scale pink flowers are produced.

- The Hydrangea is a very hardy plant and can survive even in overgrown gardens. From what I know they like sun but also can grow in shady spots. Be careful of too much sun because they can scorch. Their shoots also need a lot of moisture during the summer.

2. Loading...

3. jnnwyman

jnnwyman Seedling

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

You know.....I got two off ebay for a good discount becuase they lost the tags for them. Now One has bloomed the tiniest little blooms. On the same bush it has two colors. One is white and one it a light blue. But mind you my bush isnt even a 6 inches tall yet! LOL Its about 7 inches wide tho. Craziest then to see. Ill see if I cant get pics.

But the reason for me posting in here is because I wanted to know if all of them are one color that you can change the color or do they, themselves, grow different colors that you can change the color? Did that make sense? WELL IT DID TO ME! HA!

The reason Im asking is like I said I have two tiny bushes but with two different colored leaves. The one that blooming has yellowish green leaves with a white trim around the leaf and the other has a dark green leaf.