I didn't agree

Discussion in 'Pets' started by marlingardener, Feb 17, 2023.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

When Timi became an indoor/outdoor cat, we humans agreed she wouldn't be allowed on the furniture. Timi was not agreeable to that.

Attached Files:

Frank, Cayuga Morning, Droopy and 5 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I wish that I had not seen this pic. Now, that’s what I want to do…but alas.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A soft comfortable chair for a daily nap. Isn't it wonderful to be owned by a cat?

Jerry

5. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

:rofl:

Advertisement
  6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

What the human heart will do for a fur baby love. We had the same rule for Angus. For about a day. :)

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

True, true, true.

8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

When we had our first dog we said that he wasn't allowed on the furniture, but it didn't last long.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Logan, we had a Golden mix (Golden and St. Bernard) that was BIG. He wasn't allowed on the furniture, but trained us to sit on the floor and hold him on a lap. Almost as good as being on furniture, and he got petted a lot while lolling on a lap.

10. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Yes, cats will tolerate us is we don't try to crowd them too much on the furniture. They are nice that way :rolleyes:

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Yep, it me! No cats on the furniture. No cats in the bedroom. I woke up one morning several years ago with both girls and both cats in the bed with us. The girls came because they had nightmares. The cats? Guess they felt lonely.

This last one has his very own place in the sofa. We put a blanket there to avoid cat fur everywhere. He now prefers my good chair and the rest of the sofa. We can no longer see the sofa because it's covered in blankets that we have to move when we wish to sit there.

12. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Droopy, do not let Skuld on the sofa. He might learn to prefer being in the house to being in the stable, and invite his friends in!

Logan, Droopy, Cayuga Morning and 3 others like this.
  14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Droopy. Very true …. Skuld knows where you are at all times .
    I have experienced this phenomenon a few times. They known exactly when to sneak in the house. Then plop down on their fav sofa when no one is lookin watching their fav tv show, snacking away on carrots and apples.
    True story…I woke one day to my Tennessee Walker who escaped from the pasture unbeknownst to me.
    The usual way generally from the deer running thru the live electric fence causing all four horizontal wires to detach from he pole fence. The top wire is hot at all times. This left hot electric wires on the ground snapping loudly.
    He’s a big boy and a big baby. The sound of the elec wire snapping on the ground scares him, as usual. And hitting the elec fence a few times myself , I don’t blame him…”big scare and ow..wee”.
    He managed to come up to the house onto a tiny enclosed porch on all four sides except for a small opened gate at one end. The Gate had a 2’x5’ opening. My Tenn Walker is twice that size. I use a step ladder to climb up in to his saddle, he’s 17 hands tall.
    Not aware that he was out of the pasture … I Walked into kitchen for coffee at 5:40 a.m. and Boom..there he was the Tenn Walker standing on a tiny porch staring in at me with his big long horse nose on the window sill with the most pitiful look …”Mommy…Help, Help..”!
    He then scooted out when he saw me going out to the barn carrying a bucket of feed. Left big hoof horse shoe sized scrapings on the concrete and by leaving his permanent mark he proved he can squeeze in tiny places for help.
    Or maybe he was just really hungry, as usual?
    He was a good boy didn’t help himself to the garden buffet.

We all had a good chuckle . He’s fine . He then proceeded to gobble down his food as usual like nothing had happened. :smt081

15. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Great story Pacnorwest!

This reminds me. When I was young, my parents raised sheep. The school got a call one day from my Dad asking me to head home because the flock had escaped their pasture, trotted down the road to a cluster of homes in the woods. They had climbed on the porch of one of our neighbors, and were baaa-ing & looking in her windows, seemingly frightened. It was a large porch, surrounded by wood railing. (I think they were seeking the comfort of an enclosed space.)

Amazingly, they just followed me home. Of course the school knew ... This was before the days of cell phones, my Dad had spoken to the front office...stories get out. BTW, my first name is Mary....

Pacnorwest, Logan, Sjoerd and 3 others like this.
  16. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Pacnorwest, Logan and Sjoerd like this.