I need help decorating a kitchen

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by dga5030, Apr 11, 2013.

1. dga5030

dga5030 New Seed

Hey folks,

My fiancee and I are starting our wedding registry, and neither of us have any interior decorating skills. I decided to check out a few interior decorating forums to see if anybody would like to give us recommendations or lend a hand.

So here's my first post. We'll start with the kitchen.

We decided that we really like these plates:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... 38&RN=554&

And these glasses (the taller ones):

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... 1&RN=2510&

So my questions are:
    1) Do these go together?
    2) What color napkins, placeholders, napkin rings, salt/pepper shakers, etc, would all compliment each other, given these plates and glasses? I don't know what our kitchen will look like, because we don't have a place yet.
    3) And other thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any/all the help. We're quite lost.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Do you like them together? If you do, then they go together. It's going to be your home, don't rely on someone else to decorate for you. ;) It's ALWAYS best to go with what you like and don't worry about what others think.
    Any color will go with black and white so the options are many.
    If you will be doing more formal entertaining then you could stick with black and white for napkins and table linen, with clear glass napkin rings and salt & pepper shakers. Add touches of color with flowers and candles.

But for the two of you and possibly visiting family choose some bright colors...all one color, a pattern with more than one color or even each napkin a different color. What color or colors do you and your soon to be hubby like most?

The same goes with other rooms...use the colors you love and they will be easy to live with. If you each like different colors there are always ways to combine them and make the room/rooms your own.

4. pol_bishop25

pol_bishop25 New Seed

The dinnerware set is just awesome. I think it will be suitable with almost any set of glasses. If you want black and white contrast go with it for all the kitchen. You can add some brown or yellow, but don't overdo - stick with your original idea. Anyway, as toni said, don't rely on somebody else for the decoration - just do it yourself. There are tons of information over the Internet, so a little research won't hurt. It is surely fun to do it on your own (well, it was for me) :)

5. james123

james123 New Seed

I think white cream color would be perfect match with it..!!

Advertisement
  6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yup it looks super to me also. Hope the wedding preps are going well. That will be such an exciting day for you two. :stew1:

7. ellaloo

ellaloo Seedling

the Dinnerware Set is good, i like it. if you want to match them, you'd better choose similar color.

8. james123

james123 New Seed

Well, yes these plates and glasses are perfect for my kitchen..!!

9. marieburn

marieburn New Seed

Yes, they go together! Like mentioned before its your home and your personality needs to shine through. You are the ones that will be spending the time there. Decorating is about your personality and what you like. Enjoy the process and have fun! ... and Congratulations!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017