I really needed more shelves

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by toni, Mar 24, 2008.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

For about three years I had been collecting various sizes, styles and colors of knick-knack shelves to hold herbs, candle scents and colors and soap scents and colors. At first it was really 'funky' look and I really liked it.
    This picture is from the holidays in 2006.
    [​IMG]

Then I started adding to my supplies and things became very messy and overcrowded, over flowed onto the top of the buffet and kitchen table and I could not find a thing. Thankfully I forgot to take a picture of the messy stage.

Friday I took everything off the shelves and the shelves off the wall.
    [​IMG]

Saturday Randy began the building of the new shelves that soon will be a cabinet with glass doors. By late this afternoon the building was complete and I could begin filling up all these wonderful shelves.
    [​IMG]

After everything has been put back in place. I am getting rid of a lot of the jars on the top shelf, in fact there were probably three times as many to take down as there are in the first picture....I not only love shelves, I love interesting bottles and jars.

[​IMG]

The empty buffet top will be used to store my still.
    :D Randy is building one for me to make herb extracts for soaps, lotions, shampoo, etc.

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Your new shelves are looking good! I can see why you needed them. I'd love to stand by and watch you make your stuff.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gee Toni what a lot of stuff you have. :eek: Randy did a great job with those shelves though as everything looks so neat and tidy now. Do you hire him out? I could do with shelves like that for all my crafting materials. ;)

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

It looks great Toni! I love old interesting bottles too.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

You and Randy did a magnificent job Toni. Those shelves are a space savers dream. What percentage of the bottles contain something and what percentage are for decoration only?

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks you all, I spent a lot of time last night just looking at them I am so happy with how they came out.
    It took me several days to decide on the shelve spacing and how to get the number of shelves I needed into the space available.

Frank, on the new shelves only the jars on the very top right are empty, some decorative and some on hand when for when they are needed. All of the tall colored bottles in the first picture are being given away. I do have a few more small decorative jars to put up there after I wash them.

I didn't realize just how much stuff I had until I started putting everything in place yesterday.
    The first new shelf has assorted supplies for bathsalts, capsule filling supplies that I make for us and Rambo and jars of extra votive candles I make.
    Second shelf glycerine soap colors and dried herbs.
    Third shelf candle and soap scents and more herbs.
    Fourth and Fifth shelves are small bottles of herbs
    Sixth shelf are candle colors
    Seventh shelf are Essential oils,Fragrance Oils and some small containers of soap scents.

8. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Wow Toni
    That looks, not only neat, but also fantastic. Space is always a problem when one has so many hobbies and crafts. ;)
    Your space is wonderfully sorted out.