I think I already like it here! -A little about me...

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by DMJ24, May 4, 2011.

1. DMJ24

DMJ24 Seedling

I am 58, female I live in SC (USA) with my hubby of 37 years. He used to be a city boy but he;s abot 98% converted to country now.
    found I loved growing things when as a teenager. I found pumpkin plants growing in my backyard from the pumpkins we discarded the previous autumn.
    That started me on my quest for growing things.
    I love flowers, plants and veggie gardening.
    My last pet passed away a couple of years ago. A precious 125 lb shepherd-Rottie (15 years old) The 4 kitties passed on too. all were 12 to 15 years old. Promised hubby no more indoor pets. So I got 6 golden comet chickens.
    I either can or freeze my produce from the garden.
    I try to grow 1 new thing each year.
    This year I am looking for live coffee beans to plant and Stevia seeds. Anyone got some???
    I have 3 grown kids, Grandbaby #7 is due in June.
    can't think of anything else.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Tere Antonio
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. WolfMom22
      Replies:
      Views:

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi DMJ,

We are almost the same age. My hubby died back in the 80s. My favorite aunt and other relatives got me into gardening, and a friend got me started on houseplants as a newlywed. I have 3 dogs, 5 cats, a horse, 5 hens and an ornery rooster. I am from PA, but live in MO since the early 80s. I even lived in SC for a few months before that. I have 3 kids, but one died in January :( , DILs, and two grands. I was raised in a big city, but my family was forever looking for a place in the country. A lot of my family are farm people, so I adapted quickly. Moving back to town would likely kill me. When I have garden or fresh produce I love to can it up or freeze it.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hi DMJ, Welcome to the stew. I'm Carolyn, married, 4 kids, 4 cats, 4 greenhouses, 60 chickens. :stew1:

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew DMJ from a 60 year mother who lives in Scotland. I'm married to Ian and have two sons and a daughter but no granchildren. I used to be a veterinary nurse and love animals and looking after my 1/3 of an acre garden. I look forward to getting to know you. :stew2:

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hello, DMJ, and I'm glad you feel at home here!
    We are a 60-ish couple, married almost 40 years and four years ago gave up on town life and moved to a small farm here in Central Texas. As I type, our calico cat is sitting on my lap. I just got in from fortifying the new coop for the 8 chicks that are arriving June 1 to keep our 6 black Australorp hens company, and I've watered one of the three veggies gardens. We also have bee hives, herb gardens, and flowers. Some days I think the rest of the world's opinion of us is right--we're nuts!
    We're looking forward to reading your posts and having good gardening conversations.

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew DMJ, you have found the friendliest bunch of gardeners on the internet. You will hear from people around the world, everyday conversations, tips, garden happenings, news, weather and a slew of other topics, welcome aboard.

Jerry

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Welcome to the best Stew on the www DMJ. :stew2: I live and garden in norhtwestern coastal Norway with my very patient husbands, three daughters, two granddaughters and a couple of cats and horses.

Hop in and make yourself at home. :D

9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Welcome to DMJ24,..and AAnightowl,
    i have not being around to welcome several new members,..so a BIG welcome to both of you,..from Philip in Ireland,..with two dogs,..four cats and three kittens,..and they all love watching the two tropical fish tanks, :rolleyes: .

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hello DMJ24 :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from southern Ontario!

11. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hello to you from Nebraska!! ;)

12. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

And a big welcome from SE Texas.
    One hubby, one doggy, and a few fish.
    Glad you're feeling at home here... can't wait to see what all you've got growing.

13. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Hello DMJ! I am working my way toward the big six oh this summer :eek: . Got a terrific hubby of 32 years and about a third acre of a city lot that I putter in. Have two rescued Dobies (dogs) that have suddenly found a liking to my hens-and-chicks (succulents). Tried cheyenne pepper and they thought I was just spicing the plants up for them. :D Also have a sweet old yellow cat. My son is grown and lives across town. Gardening is a bit of a passion/obsession for me.

14. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Welcome to the Garden Stew DMJ24, from the coastline of Karachi Pakistan! I am sure you'll love it here, as we all too will enjoy getting to know you. :)

15. Echoes

Echoes New Seed

Hey - DMJ & AANightowl

I'm here..... Glad to see some that I know already here. Just cruising around getting to know the site.

16. Frugalkate

Frugalkate Seedling

Philip what part of Ireland are you actually from? Although I was born in the USA I was raised in Co. Cork. Moved back to the USA after Leaving Cert. Many, many times I have wanted to go back. I absolutely LOVED living there!