I used to have a stable as a nieghbor...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

until this past weekend. I watched them load up all the horses early Saturday. Later the workers returned and hauled off everything of value, including all the gates on the inner fences.

All the boarders but one, have removed their horses.

Being the curious sort, I did a bit of poking about.

It just so happens that the owners husband, what owns a landscaping company, got caught dumping raw stall muckings in the rather substantial stream at the rear of their property. The Ohio and Federal EPA are less than pleased.

A buddy has a cousin with a dairy operation in Iowa. His cousin was caught dumping raw manure into the Mississippi. After all was said and done, 'cousin' owed over $1,000,000 in fines and the like.

I just hope the area remains zoned as agricultural. I know at one point the city was attempting to re-zone the area for light industrial/business.

To top it all off, I lost my free compost booster.

2. Loading...

3. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

FBG, that last line made that a really sad, sad, sad tale....
    Hank

carolyn likes this.
  4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

My Oh My...the EPA frowns upon mismanagement of waste products dumped into water :eek: and they will let you know it by making it really financially uncomfortable for you. Sad that the whole family will pay for this stupidity.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Not a good ending. Did he KNOW what he was doing? I'm assuming that since he is a landscaper he knows a little something about it. Regardless, I'm sure that a hefty fine will teach him a lesson.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry about the loss of the compost booster :(

The EPA is closing down a meat processing facility in Dallas after they were caught dumping pigs blood into the tributary of the Trinity River. How stupid do you have to be to believe that no one will see bright red flowing into a river from a particular stream???

7. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Heard about that on NPR. Suprise, this red-necked, meat eating, occasional cigar smoking, gun toting, whiskey and bourbon drinking, straight man, listens to NPR.

One thing I have learned in my 50+ years of education on this planet; You cain't fix stupid!.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gee, the description of yourself sounds a lot like my hubby, don't forget to add HAM radio operating.

9. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Appears he has good taste in wimmen too! You did drive a MG! Don't do the radio thing. I do live close to 'hamvention' though. Spare room and couch's available, cheap or free. :D

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

They also got caught doing at in Blairstown Iowa. Fish kill in small creek-15 miles away. From dairy farm. Customer was behind one of their (Honey) wagon. Bring Brand new car home -had 10 miles on it. all over they car and road. All Guy told them it would wash off.They called DNA- came right out.Road was closed-could smell it for a week. And BIG Fine.