If you could be a bird or an animal, what would you like to be????...

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by Sherry8, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

As much as I love the cardinals I think I would enjoy being a hummingbird....they are so fast and so much fun to watch moving from flower to flower...the hard part would be to pick which type of hummingbird... We only have the Ruby-throated here so I have never seen the other ones besides in photos or on TV... they are all beautiful ...
    [​IMG]
    Ruby Throated Hummingbird.. ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

Please share which animal or bird you like to be if you couldn't be who you are now....tell us why if you want to...

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good question Sherry. I'd probably be a bear because I could experience the beauty of nature everyday without fear of being eaten :snicker:

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Free-and-easy, amicable, matter-of-fact, industrial, laid back, informal, aloof, reserved. In other words a well loved, indoor Cat.

5. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I thought that was a good one to pick toni....all mine does is eat, sleep and play a little. My Birdie on certain blankets acts like she is trying to start a motorcycle (how they go up and down on the foot pedal or whatever you call it ) trying to start it....I keep telling her no motorcycles in the house ! Her leg and foot is going up and down and she races all around after that...

Frank....a Bear oh my...good choice and reasoning...will you be sleeping all winter?
    I love giraffes...but I wound not want to be one because they have to bend down so far for a drink in the water...

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Oops I hadn't considered that!

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Me a sparrow, eat where ever I want because food is always plentiful, play where ever I want because is not pretty enough to be a cage bird and always having fun!!! Most of all I can FLY!!!

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I think Id like to be some kind of raptor. A Red-Tail maybe, they're my favorite :) Soaring high in the sky, looking at how small our world is!
    Or a tiger...ROAR!! And scare everyone! :D

9. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I think being a cat would be purrrfect.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

My first thought was to be one of my pets. My dog and cat both live wonderful lives!
    Thinking about it more seriously, I think I would like to be an owl or eagle.

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

An owl , I think. I would be a whole lot wiser than I am now,....... and I could cross border shop without a passport!:D

marlingardener likes this.
  12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

KKNG...there are pretty sparrows...the white crowned sparrow and the white throated, etc. ...I even like the plain ones. It seems like you can always depend on them being at the feeders.

Everyone has good ideas...thank you for sharing

13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

This may sound funny. But I think I would be a Dolphin. They live in family groups. love swimming and playing in the water. Yup. Thats me.

14. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Never given it a thought really and doubt I could decide - however although not a bird or an animal I admit I have oftentimes in my life (under certain circumstances) thought it would be good to be a fly on the wall - anyone else had the feeling - you will get my drift for sure. Syd.

Tooty2shoes and marlingardener like this.
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I've given this a lot of thought and I have come to the conclusion I'll just settle for being a human animal. That way I get to enjoy, care for, and provide food and shelter to a variety of wildlife. We have so many critters here on the farm that choosing one over the others is impossible for me!
    However, I can say unequivocally I do not want to be a grasshopper. We have too many as it is, and don't need another.

Sherry8 likes this.
  16. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I wouldn't want to be a spider either....too many people looking to squish you...:(