Information about different covid vaccines.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Treant

Treant New Seed

Mom had hers along with her best friend (who just had surgery for cancer), and both did very well with the Pfizer vaccine (first shot, no reaction. Second, mild reaction).

I have no schedule for mine, being younger and with no severe health issues, but will take what I can get as soon as I can get it. Both of us decided that if we get the J&J, we're going to consider ourselves non-vaccinated, though, given the lower effectiveness, until we can get it upgraded to the Moderna or Pfizer. Since my brother-in-law (a doctor) agrees, I feel relatively comfortable with that decision.

After a year of considering it Red Phase no matter what the state says, the plant in the corner is starting to spread rumors about me and the curtains talk about me constantly as well... The only humans I see are my husband, one checkout person a month at the supermarket, and the pharmacist. Everything else is done via Zoom or Discord.

Cayuga Morning, Jewell and S-H like this.
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

Ha !! Better watch that plant ! Rumors among plants can spread like wildfire !

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Over here there's the phizer and the Oxford zenica with another one coming along.
    Hubby had the phizer and I had the Oxford zenica one. Both of us without side effects. They were thinking of giving one and then the other for the second one because of stock issues, but it's not recommended by the scientists.

S-H likes this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes you are correct, whatever vaccine you get first time. The second shot has to be of the same type.

Otherwise no good...

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes, otherwise we might have to wait longer for the second dose but i think that won't be good either.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

If we wait too long for the second shot, then after some time, the first shot might lose it's effectiveness, or be considerably diminished.

If we get the second shot of a different vaccine. Then some vaccines are so different, that the second shot might as well be counted as the first shot of the other vaccine.

Therefore neither option is good for us... So obviously, we should check for the future availability first.

In some places of the world, people might literally have to fight for the vaccine, or obtain it through some other means. Which is why medicinal back marketers over the dark web are right now smiling... As there just isn't enough for everyone.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/17/un-chief-urges-global-plan-to-reverse-unfair-vaccine-access

eileen likes this.
  7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I don't know why, but this whole vaccine issue is these days reminding me of an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation TV show, (which I saw in childhood).

Anyone else remember this? :rofl:

8. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Of course, but with auto immune disease I already make far too many anti-bodies ,so this vaccine could be potentially very harmful to me...or it might not...toss of a coin maybe.. My twin son still is off work since he contracted the Covid 19 before Christmas, so know how any illness can disrupt your life.None of us want to be sick.

S-H likes this.
  9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I received the Pfizer vaccine, my husband the Moderna, our daughter the Pfizer. I figured I had better chances with an experimental vaccine than getting covid-19.

Our daughter is young but she qualified for a vaccine because she has been volunteering at a clinic that administers vaccines. She wanted to help and also wanted to be vaccinated so she finally could have a meal with us. She would also like to contribute $ to a fund for other nations to afford the vaccine. WHO I think has such a fund but it is for nations to contribute to, not individuals. I would contribute to such a fund too. Anyone know of one?

@S-H thanks for posting this info about the vaccines.

DianneWoollie and S-H like this.
  10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Yesterday, our area opened availability to people age 30 and up, so my roommate, my bf, and I hopped online to check out our options. The roomie got an appt for this morning, but mine was going to be Apr 27th. But then I found I could get an appt at another location on the 22nd, so called the phone number and got it changed. But then! The first place called and said they had openings immediately! So the 3 of us went and got our jabs haha
    Going back on the 29th to get our 2nd dose. The places we looked at were mainly only offering Moderna.

DianneWoollie and S-H like this.
  11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

You're welcome @Cayuga Morning , I just shared this so everyone of us could make an informed decision.

Unfortunately I don't know where anyone could contribute to such a fund... In this world we live in today, there is just way too much fraud taking place almost everywhere - Specially online. Yes, people have to now become completely shamelessly, so there is no limit which con artists won't cross. Therefore I have no way of knowing which fund is worth contributing to.

I'm sure anyone of us can use Google to search for such a fund. But will it be authentic??? I really can't say...

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  12. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

We contribute to our old local Animal Sanctuary by an online set up, it is only a small amount each month. Knowing 1st hand the hard times they are having because of Covid19 it is the only way now that they can continue to help the animals live a better life.....Husband and I worked there once a week and got more out of that than you can imagine..plus our Saber Puss was a rescue from there..living happily with us here in France...
    My suggestion would be for donations is to look up a local organisation with health related charities... and go from there... @CayugaMorning

S-H likes this.
  13. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I like this suggestion!