It's time to transplant the tom ...

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by KK Ng, Mar 16, 2023.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Yes they do look good Sjoerd, I got the plastic netting for free :) Someone throw it out and I pick them up sometime ago. No I did not have any kind of netting to protect the adult plants later. I guess I have to put on my glasses and inspect the plants often for any kind of pest.
    I had already cut and removed the damaged tom, what you see in the picture is that I just left it for show. The closest tom to the cucumber is two feet plus away. Yes I am aware that they are both heavy feeders and I have to feed them well. Thanks for the reminder.
    The weather is now between 30° to 33°C daytime temp with occasional light showers around midday to late afternoon. Yes it is hot and very humid here Sjoerd.

Thank you very much Clay. Watching them grow well is pleasing and relaxing.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well KK— it all sounds good, doesn’t it. Ah yes, those temps. I remember when I flew to KL from Amman, Jordan it was Christmas day and snowing. We landed in KL and it was like …. Like …. Well, an enormous “shock to the system” . Haha. We acclimatised in Chinatown for a few days then went to Malacca. I can still recall the initial discomfort. Ach, but one does get used to it.
    Anyway, I have everything crossed for those toms of yours. Ohhhhhh….. a fresh tomato— what I wouldn’t give for one now.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Yes it is really good watching them grow day by day.
    I can imagine how you felt when you first arrived here to the heat and humidity. I can do with the heat but the humidity ... just before it rain is just really uncomfortable.
    Thank you for your support, yes I am also waiting for a fresh tomato.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.