Jesse Stone's Red House

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

As a fan of the Jesse Stone series, recently repeated again on C5. I was interested enough to watch this short video of "Jesse Stone's Red House."
    It's featured in pretty much every episode.

In the story, he becomes the Chief of Police of the town "Paradise" in Massachusetts after being fired for being drunk as a homicide detective in Los Angeles. He gets the job as the corrupt president of the town's board of governors, thinks he'll be easy to control.

He can't afford much but an estate agent finds him this house that no one wants.

The house is actually in Nova Scotia over 500 miles away. The fiming of the series is skillfully done to make it look more isolated than it really is.

The music is from the programme.

If you've not watched this series, the comments below the video will tell you what you've missed.
    The series comes from the nine books written by Robert B Parker.

A hard-nosed cop, but with a softer side.

Jesse had three dogs in the series, Boomer and after he died Reggie, who he "adopted " after he found him sitting guarding the body of his owner who had been shot.
    Reggie was "played by "Joe." The final one was "Steve."

Lots more clips on YouTube.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I've not heard of this series DHR. Neat Canadian connection there. I'm scheming for winter watching and making sure everything is lined up and available. I'll check this series out. :)

Doghouse Riley likes this.
  3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've watched this series and really enjoyed it.:) I've not seen the YouTube video though.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

We just finished watching the Jeese Stone series and really enjoyed it. I appreciated knowing about the Red House being in the Maritimes of Canada. I'm passing the series on to a neighbour ( who happens to be an nonagenarian teenager that is very smitten with Tom Selleck ). :) Three cheers for Tom and three for her. :smt041:smt041:smt041

Doghouse Riley likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

He was very good in that.
    The latest series of "Blue Bloods," (series 12) in which he stars, has just finished in the UK, but they've been showing them again, from series 1.
    Series 13 is half-way through in the USA.

6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

You had mentioned this - and honestly I thought the series was about "The Crown". Silly silly me. ( face palm). I had seen Blue Bloods advertised over the years but, not being much of a TV watcher, I didn't bite. When I googled "when will there be another Jesse Stone"...Blue Bloods came up :)

I ordered the box set for Christmas for Hubby, and season 13 is being recorded. Thanks again DHR. :)