Just Be Aware

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Jewell, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    CM and Logan, Epigenetic studies have shown that we are always down regulating and up regulating genes in a wide variety of ways (environmental-which is everything from what we ingest to what we are exposed to from prenatal to present...and....mentally-which can be stress, thought patterns and beliefs). Terribly interesting and fascinating to me and very complex. It’s why two people exposed to the same carcinogenic substances will not have the same reactions.

My last year of work we had trainings that introduced me to epigenetics and risk factors. Since then I stumbled into trainings by Bruce Lipton and others. It has been fun for me to continue to learn from amazing scientists that give an interesting perspective to our world.

Logan and Cayuga Morning like this.
  2. Odif

Odif Young Pine

All the comments on this thread are very interesting. I am familiar with epigenetics and as I understand it, it is the regulation of gene expression because of external factors.

Most important for human life as well as plant and animal life are bacterias. Without bacteria we cannot survive. We have more bacterias in our digestive system than there are cells in our body. There are even neurons down there that enable the bacterium to communicate with our brain. Anything we eat is first digested by the bacteria and then passed onto us. To be healthy one needs to feed the bacteria with suitable food to encourage the good bacteria to flourish.

We as humans in fact have 3 brains. One in our head. One in our stomach controlled by bacterium. The heart too, the heart and brain communicate with each other.

Brain health is important and if your heart is healthy that is a great boost to the brain. Human health is ultimately holistic and if you can keep the 3 cognitive centres happy then you should be healthy. Diet is one of the main factors and there are many herbs that can help.
    For example Hawthorn is very good for the heart. For mental health, Fir Moss (huperzine) is great against depresssion. Japanese Knotweed is an amazing medicinal plant with a broad spectrum of health benefits.

Eating too much wheat and processed foods and too much sugar are the three worst things for our health.

«"We are what we eat."

Logan, Jewell and Cayuga Morning like this.
  3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm not an Atkins fan, but I don't like to see misinformation circulated.

The official cause of his death was traumatic brain injury as a result of a fall on the ice. It has never been determined whether or not he suffered a heart attack, because the family refused an autopsy, so only an external examination was done of the body. It's virtually impossible to determine whether or not a heart attack happened by an external exam.

Logan and Jewell like this.
  4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I find it fascinating to see the many differences in diet successes here in this thread, the various approaches, each of which have worked to maintain or regain health in individuals.

I've seen the same with friends and family as well. What works for one absolutely doesn't for another. It's fascinating to me and just reinforces what I've learned about my own body over the years....what works for me may not work for another, for a variety of complex reasons. Added to that, parts of what used to work for me doesn't now. Bodies change and evolve, and I think it's important to listen to our own bodies even more than listening to what a nutritionist or doctor or our friend next door says. Bodies are amazing, and as someone else said they have a unique ability to heal themselves if given the right tools. I just don't agree that the same tools work for everyone.

Logan, Jewell and Odif like this.

Advertisement
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Odif, Excellent information. We (our body, energy) are definitely more than the simple explanations of the past.

With all the new research confirms your point Ronni. It is probably best if we as consumers listen to our bodies and make decisions accordingly.

Logan likes this.