Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome Blackrose and Junkhead, great to have you two aboard :setc_005:

Why don't you add your birthdays to the calendarand also don't miss our many gardening blogs You can even start your own blog if you'd like. They are great fun once you start!

Welcome again :D

2. Bev

Bev New Seed

Hi all, I've just joined and am 60, a freelance writer/gardener and live down-under. But I can't find the right thing to click on to introduce myself so I'm doing here it as a quick reply!

3. heathermt75

heathermt75 Seedling

Hi, my name is Heather, 30 years old and I live in Billings, Montana. I am a stay at home mom and I love to scrapbook,bake and chase my 2 year old son. I "inherited" some flowers,shrubs and trees with the house my husband and I bought in 2002.It also came with about 10-12 rose bushes. I am new to gardening and was pretty sure I would kill everything but so far they are still trudging along. I planted some tulips and they are blooming wonderfully! Can't wait til my roses bloom and I can post pictures and hopefully ya'll can tell me what kind of roses they are. :-D

4. Frank

Hiya Bev and Heather, so glad you have joined us mad folk here at GardenStew. From Montana and Oz as well, wow!

Bev we don't have too many Aussies onboard just yet so you may be able to provide with some great gardening insights from down under :D By the way if you want to start a new topic or post a reply to an existing topic just look for the big blue links at the top of each topic page that say Post Reply | Start New Topic

I've already noticed that Heather has started a blog and the first entry was about tulips so go and check it out http://www.gardenstew.com/blog/e465-1-i ... ulips.html Looking forward to getting to know you Heather :smt023

Welcome again!

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi you two!!! Soooo good to have you both here. You know, this might sound a bit crazy, but Bev and Heather would make great names for our two little eaglets!!! :D (see wildlife forum) What do you think?

I just know you're going to enjoy it here at GardenStew and I look forward to seeing your piccies and finding out more about you both soon. :-D

6. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hi to Blackrose , Junkhead , Heather and Bev . hope you all enjoy yourselves here
    8) Bugs

7. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hi Blackrose,Junkhead ANd Bev welcome to the Stew and I hope you have agood time here!!

Hey Heather sooo glad you made it here Baby girl you will love it here!!! Give Trey a hug for me!!

8. nanasheila

nanasheila New Seed

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to visiting with all of you. Am I the only one from the states? I'm from Nebraska. I'm married with 2 grown sons who have recently made my husband and I grandparents. . . thus the name ~ nanasheila. Two granddaughters. One is 2 1/2 and the other is 8 months. I began gardening only 3 years ago. Flowers and garden art mainly. I still don't feel as if I know what I'm doing. But it's fun learning.

9. eileen

[​IMG] to GardenStew Nanashiela. :-D

We have quite a few folks from over the pond here on the forums and it's lovely to say Hi to another. :D

If you have any questions just let either Frank or myself know and we'll see what we can do to help you out.
    Why not put yourself on our map and add your birthday to our calendar? We even have a free blog facility here for our members and some wonderful wildlife cams.

10. nanasheila

nanasheila New Seed

Thanks Eileen

Thanks Eileen. I'm pretty green(pun intended) when it comes not only to gardening but also forums and blogs. But I'm determined to enter the 21st century of cyberspace chat. Thanks again for making be feel welcome.

11. nanasheila

nanasheila New Seed

clip art

How do I find the cute clip art to add to my name?

12. eileen

Try this site Nanasheila:

http://heathersanimations.com/

I hope you find something that you like. :-D

Please note:

Heather's Animations does NOT allow hotlinking so make sure you put the piccie you want into your photo album and then transfer it into your profile here. :)

13. nanasheila

nanasheila New Seed

I'm sorry, but how do I do that?

14. Frank

Hi NanaSheila and a warm welcome to our great community here at GardenStew.com We are a splendid bunch of people and very happy to meet new members. Looking forward to getting to know you 8)

I have just written a tutorial about how to add an profile picture / avatar to your posts so have a read http://www.gardenstew.com/about1480.html
    Is this what you were looking for?

15. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Many welcomes, NanaSheila! Don't worry - we were all new at one time and had to learn all the little tricks to running these things. It's pretty simple once you have the hang of it. Glad to meet you! :D