Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi this is volga, long time visitor fist time writer. i like yuor cute poopy dog garden stew. could you get picture for me of german shepard as it my favourite dog is. i am looking forward to be meeting other people with flower interest. :D

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Volga and welcome to the forums. :D

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Well hello Volga and welcome to GardenStew!!! Interesting name you have there, are you originally from Ireland. By the way what county are you living in?

I'm glad you like my cute puppy dog, I'm glad I changed it, before it used to be a Pot!!

Welcome again ;)

4. Facidaisy

Facidaisy New Seed

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

I am Caroline from North Notts UK.
    This looks a very interesting site so thanks for the link.

I am happily married with 2 grown up children and a first time granny.

Myself and hubby are early retired and I am a garden addict.
    also keen walker, dog owner and anything outdoors and when I am stuck inside I do cross stitch, decorating and spend too much time on here :D

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Hi Caroline and a very big welcome to GardenStew :p

You will have a great time here mark my words, there is the beginning of a great community here so have a good time!

Maybe we can start up a cross-stitching thread so you can share tips :) What do you think?

6. Facidaisy

Facidaisy New Seed

Thanks for the lovely welcome.................a cross stitch thread would be brilliant.....I know a lot of people love doing it and like gardening its a bit addictive. ;)

7. Frank

I'll look out for that thread then :) ;)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New to gardenstew

I just registered tosay 4/23. I am married with two boys, one of which is sick with the flu today. I am itching to get outside and start turning the soil. I have had a grden for about 4 yrs now and I start out strong in the spring and then I let my weeding go, so it becomes overwhelming come July :eek: . I have veggies and some perennials. I LOVE hydranga's and would love some tips on how to start them in my yard.
    We live in a small New York town which is located near Buffalo. I am also going thru a Peony phase....they're beautiful!!!!
    Anniejoe :)

9. Frank

Hey AnnieJoe, great to have you here. Let me personally welcome you aboard!

If you want some Hydranga tips try creating a new topic in the Flower Gardening forum, I'm sure you will get some nice suggestions.

8) 8) 8)

10. lee

lee New Seed

Hi everyone

My name is leonie, I live in Collie Australia.
    I'm a single mum, and my son is 3yrs old. he also loves to get into the garden with me. I've only just really got into gardening.

11. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Leonie - nice to have you around. :) Off to check out your posting in Gardening Tips. :D

12. Frank

Hey Leonie, welcome, welcome! Nice to have a growing Aussie representation in these forums. It's great that your son likes to help out, a future garden designer I think :)

You will have a great time on this site ;)

13. suziesnuggler

suziesnuggler New Seed

Have been searching for a website for gardening with quick question and answers...cant get any faster then 30 minutes or less. Thank you.

My name is Beverly

I live in the United States, Mid-Atlantic area.

Married 13 yrs, 2 sons and a daugher and a beautiful grandson, 7 months old.
    I love travelling, playing in flower and vegetable gardens. Created a beautiful pernnieal flower bed in front of my house. I am so impressed, as is others.
    I look forward to watching this site for insiteful ideas.

Thank you all.

14. Frank

Great to have you here Beverly (I guessed your name was Suzie... I was wrong :))

We are a pretty new community and we are growing everyday so it is great to see a new face. The other members here are some of the nicest people you can meet so I hope you meet them all soon :smt043

So you like travelling then you must let us know your favourite holiday destination here: http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?t=25

Again welcome and have splendid time!

15. PeggySuetheStew

PeggySuetheStew Seedling

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Peggy Sue and I live in the US, near Washington, DC in Virginia. I am 44 and have 2 small sons, 8 & 4, and we have lived in our home for just about 5 years so I still feel like something of a beginner in the garden. I grow herbs on my deck and have been trying to replicate the informal garden look around the patches of very clay soil around the house. I am a flight attendant and fly to Europe, mostly London, and thus my container gardens have to be able to withstand neglect for a few days at a time.
    We got a kitten last year and he has systematically destroyed all but a handful of my beautiful indoor plants .. Saves time watering, but I wasn't prepared for his insistence on using them for sport or, well, other uses. So there is more focus on my outdoor gardening than ever!