Just joined? Announce yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Frank, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew Beverley and Peggy. Great to have you both here. :D

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hey Hey Peggy Sue and Welcome to the GardenStew forums. :smt051 Glad to have you here!

I often wondered what the life of a flight attendant would be like, is it as exciting as it sounds? Or are you worrying about your garden (and your mischievous kitten) while you work :smt044 What airports in London do you fly to? I've been to each one at some point in time. By the way ever fly to Ireland?

I'm really looking forward to your future posts here (when you are not away working that is) as I'm sure the other members will agree with me.

By the way did you append 'theStew' to your nickname because of this site or is there a story behind it?

Welcome again!

3. PeggySuetheStew

PeggySuetheStew Seedling

Thanks for the welcome!
    The 'Stew' is short for stewardess, and has been an online nickname I've used for a while.
    I fly into Heathrow, and have never been to Ireland but hope to some day. It's so beautiful and has such rich heritage! And great gardens!
    Being a flight attendant is probably not as exciting as many people think, but then things have changed a lot in the last few years. Yes, I do worry about that rascal kitty and the garden when I'm away as it seems I'm the only one who tends either one! :eek:
    Who knew having a need to find answers for my garden could lead to such fun!

4. Frank

Sounds like quite the handful!

It really is a fun place to hang out here. If you need to take a break from gardening questions you can join in the Games we play. Also you can post photos in the Member's Gallery and of course much more!

Be sure to recommend us to your friends :smt041

Advertisement
  5. eileen

Hi again Peggy Sue. :)

Gosh you do lead a very busy life. :eek: I have two LARGE sons 5'10" and 6'2" to be precise ;) and a daughter (only 5'5") they are Duncan (33 on 1st. June), David 26 and Laura 22. I'm 54. I live in a small village in West Lothian in Scotland called Livingston Village and have been living there for the last twenty years. I love gardening and my husband, Ian, and myself have just finished building a new pond (take a look in the gallery if you want to peek at it).

Nice to hear all about you and hope o speak to you again soon.

6. eileen

Just wanted to say a big HELLO to anyone who has joined GardenStew while my 'puter was playing games over the last few days.

WELCOME ONE AND ALL and I'll look out for your posts!! :D

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name: Murray Bryant
    Interests / Hobbies: Boxing, ultimate fighting, swimming, politics, young people and politics (www.westya.co.uk), gardening (a very new one, as of last week), target rifle shooting.

btw great site and i have started a thread at:
    http://www.gardenstew.com/about270.html

As i have just started a big renovation of my aunts garden which previously looked like a forest so i'm going to do a running commentry of it and any tips would be great. Yes I am a very new gardener and yes i did just use a metal stick for the two hours working on the garden (used to beat down the hedges - not very technical i know- but it worked)

8. eileen

HELLO THERE!!!!!

A big, warm welcome to GardenStew. :D Nice to find out a little more about you. I used to do a bit of target shooting myself when I was younger.

The metal stick sounds good to me!!! :D :D

Hope to see some piccies of your progress in the garden soon. :)

9. Frank

Again great to see you here mbwest! :smt004

I'm really looking forward to seeing how your garden progresses over the coming months (as I am sure our visitors will be as well)

Do you do any Ultimate Fighting yourself ;) That's really rough stuff. I think I'll stick to gardening!

regards,
    GardenStew

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pics are now up as you can see in the other forum but not organised at all but ill try getting them into a gallery, if all else fails ill get my friend, a web page designer to sort it for me.

This is a great forum, very informative and very friendly!

I used to do quite a bit of ultimate fighting (2/3 times a week) but at the moment due to exams, the fact that the gym is far and expensive, i haven't done any recently but was doing boxing untill upto about a month ago (exams) but will be starting again in July.
    Yes i suppose in some ways it is rough but it can be very interesting and technical too, i mean if you wanted, you could learn the whole technical side to it without getting hurt at all and it is great for self defense.

Fingers crossed re. the garden, it's coming on quickly but as i say im very new so it's all pretty foreign to me but great fun and you've all been a great help.
    I did some more work today but had to give up after about 2hrs as i dropped a large paving slab on my finger, the pain was terrible, i had a feeling it was going to be hanging off but when i removed my glove it looked ok, some bad bruising though!

11. Frank

Lol Ultimate 'Paving Slab' Fighting! You amount of training can prepare you for that :p

I watched some on telly last week (first time I'd really sat down and watched it) and I could see that it is very technical and not just brute force.

:!:

12. PeggySuetheStew

PeggySuetheStew Seedling

13. eileen

Looking forward to seeing some of your posts in the forums Peggy Sue. :) For a change the sun is out here in Scotland too so I'm busy in the garden. Take care. :D

14. Frank

Hey PeggySue :)

How is the kitten, had it behaved itself while you were away :smt117

Have a nice time in London and if you are spending the holidays at home I hope you join us here at some stage ;)

15. Frank

Hello HGPgal and welcome to the GardenStew forums :wave:

I see from your profile that you have a Mustang Convertible? I would love to see some pictures of it.

Welcome again.