Kildale revealed!! The secret no bird wants you to know.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Jerry Sullivan, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

The conference room in the old oak tree was getting crowded as the last of the Chickadees, Nuthatches, Titmice and Pine Siskins grabbed the remaining branches. The Scrub Jay called the meeting to order……."ORDER!! ORDER!!" he screamed……….the birds began to peep down. The monthly meeting of the Small Bird Society, BC coastal chapter was always an unruly group, this morning was no exception. The Jay could see the nearest chickadee was already looking at the window of the nearby house, waiting for it to open. " I have the new assignment sign-up sheets for next month. Of special interest, last month not too many signed up for the fly-by-don't-stop." It was one of the more unpopular jobs as there was no food involved. The Appear-at -the-Window sheet had Chickadees crawling over it trying to fill in one of the few remaining spaces. The suet feeder sign-up was very popular with the woodpeckers. And so the monthly sign up proceeded till the sun finally poked it's bright head above the horizon. In a flurry of wings the monthly meeting adjourned. A woodpecker soon approached the suet feeder just as a Chickadee landed on the outstretched hand in the open window. The Small Bird Society BC chapter was starting the new year knowing that a good meal was always at wing.

Jerry

eileen, cherylad, KK Ng and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...