Kitchen remodel

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Capt Kirk, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I hope all goes well. The kitchen looked good before, now it should look positively smashing!
    Please post some fotos when you get an opportunity.

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product too.

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Done for the day. They have all the tile down except for where the old cabinets are. Tomorrow they will take those out and lay that tile. Thurs the new cabinets will go in. And Fri. the countertop people will come out to do the measureing etc. for that. The counter top is a manufactured stone counter top calle Sile Stone. There is an anti-microbial built into it. The counter top is guaranteed for life!

4. Capt Kirk

Here is a pic of the floor that they got laid today. We were going to put in unfinished beadboard paneling. But found out today that it is $36 per 4 ft.X8 ft. sheet. And we would need 20 sheets. So we are going to rethink our choice of paneling.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  5. Capt Kirk

Today they are going to pull all of the base cabinets out and then get the floor laid. Thurs. they will set the new base cabinets. That way the counter top people can do there template and get started manufactureing that on Fri.

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Go, go, go! Your new floor looks good enough to eat. :D

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

So glad the men managed to get to you. They're certianly making great progress with those floor tiles!! $720 is a heck of a lot to pay out for panels so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find something suitable that isn't nearly as expensive.

8. Capt Kirk

They got most of the tile in. Just a few small pieces left to do. Thurs. he has a little bit of plumbing work to do. The drai line has to be moved. Then they will set the base cabinets. The counter top people can't come out until Monday to do the template. With all the snow and ice today, they were closed, so the appt.s for today all had to be shifted to Thur. and Fri.

9. Capt Kirk

The plumbing work is coming along and they have 2 base cabinets setting in place, but not anhored yet. All of the upper cabinets are out except for one where the microwave is mounted. After they are done I will take a pic and post it.

10. Capt Kirk

Cured our paneling prblem. We will only put the unfinished bead board up 3 ft then a chair rail. We are removing the old wall paper and will paint the upper part. Half the cost.

11. Capt Kirk

The base cabinets are in place. The upper cabinets 3 so far are setting on top, ready to be hung. They will do that tomorrow. I really like the color of the cabinets with the floor.

[​IMG]

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh so do I!! I think everything is going to look fantastic once it's all in place. :D

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

That kitchen looks a lot like the one we've been drooling over, Capt. It looks good already, so I guess it will look smashing once it's done. :D Can't wait to see it finished.

14. Capt Kirk

The kitchen is slowly getting smaller. They have almost all of the cabinets in on two walls. There is a small one like the one over the fridge that will go over the stove and the microwave will mount under it. But before he can mount it, he has to lengthen the overhead piece a little. Then on the back wall there are 4 large cabinets going in. We ate our first meal in the new kitchen tonight.

[​IMG]

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Very nice looking kitchen Capt.I would
    be really proud of one like it.