Kitchen sinks... what kind do you have?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by carolyn, Oct 8, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

That is the nicest, prettiest, and the most well designed kitchen I've seen. Congratulations!

2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yes, Netty... getting it done and using it is the best part of the project. Today I baked pizza pockets, banana bread and potato bread plus supper.

Thanks 2ofus... It took a long while to think of what I need and how to achieve it...lots of idea tossing for the past several years.

3. ElizaMunk

ElizaMunk New Seed

I got a stainless steel kitchen sink. They are I think by far the most popular ones because of its heat and stain resistance. I selected a satin finish one because the water marks and the scratches would be less prominent. It is good to look for sinks that has sound absorbing pads on the bottom because they are good in reducing noises that are commonly associated with stainless steel. I hung up a lot of wooden decorating items in my kitchen when I was having a redo.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  4. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

@carolyn. Our kitchen is small in our town house, more of a galley kitchen. I last installed a new kitchen 15 years ago so about time for another new one. This is how it looks right now. Although small it has all the necessities. Fridge/freezer are just out of sight to the right. This is a pano so the image looks distorted. In the UK right now white or black marble worktops with stainless splashbacks are more the order of the day. Not so many tiles now hence the 'dated' look of my small kitchen.
    Your question was about sinks. 15 years ago I installed a Franke stainless one and a half bowl. single drainer. (The mixer tap is the latest one I fitted in the second picture)

20160817 Millie limping-001.jpg 20160817 Millie limping.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    eileen, stratsmom and Islandlife like this.

Advertisement
  5. ObiWanKnievel

ObiWanKnievel New Seed

I'll choose stainless one also