Large Window Treatment

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by insolenthousewife, Jul 7, 2007.

1. insolenthousewife

insolenthousewife New Seed

Where should I put curtains/drapes in relation to the window shown below? I want to really be able to show off the woodwork when they're open but be able to have privacy when they're shut since it faces a busy street.

Should I extend them beyond the woodwork a bit and from ceiling to floor (which is 9'), or would that be overkill? This window is a major focal point (obviously heh) so I don't want to flub it up!

Thanks for any insight! :)

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OO what a lovely window!!! I wouldn't cover it up with curtains I'd simply attach a roller blind that would still let you see all that great wood but give you privacy when you need it. :-D Nice to have you join us here at 'The Stew.' :-D

4. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

Beautiful drapes on each side touching not covering the frame meeting in the middle when closed, valance above to hide rod not frame, this will frame the window in more beauty, yet not hide it only when drapes are closed for privacy...it will also make the window appear even larger then it is ...

5. stewme

stewme New Seed

I like SusieQ's idea. Having them just outside the edges will definitely make the window seem even more grand!