Lawn burned...

Discussion in 'Lawn Care' started by PeterRose, May 13, 2009.

1. PeterRose

PeterRose New Seed

Hi everyone,

my neighbor's sprinkler wasn't set up right and watered the lawn in the middle of the day...
    While his lawn is completely burned now, mine (luckily!) is only partially burned.

Questions is: is there any chance I can save that part of the lawn or do I have to seed again? I would be glad to receive some advise...

Thanks in advance!

Pete

moderator's note: removed website links, see point 1.1 of usage rules

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kazzawazza
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Movieman
      Replies:
      Views:

3. ridkak

ridkak New Seed

Once your lawn is "burned" you'll have to replace the grass but there are measures you can take to prevent this from happening again. You may have to confine your dogs urination space and the easiest way to do this is to build a proper outdoor dog run. You should also take care in fertilizing your lawn and immediately cleanup any spilled fertilizer.

moderator's note: removed website links, see point 1.1 of usage rules

4. tony

tony New Seed

hi peter, i think the reason you may have burnt patches on your lawn could be down to your irrigation technique. on the surface it may well be that you watered at the wrong time of day and put insufficient waterdown. if the temp is too high and the the sprinkler isn't delivering big enough water dropplets you may be creating tiny magnifying glasses on the plant leaves, the light intensity of the sun is possibly being magnified and therefore burning the leaves. further investigation could be usefull though. Regards, Tony