Lawn Care Brands

Discussion in 'Lawn Care' started by sgmgarden, Aug 7, 2013.

1. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Nowadays there are so many different brands of lawn care machinery available to us, regardless of whether it be a lawn mower or a hedge cutter. I was just looking to see what everyones favourite brands were or what brands they use?

2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Our riding mower is an old Kubota my brother got an auction years ago. It doesn't look so great... but it just keeps on going.
    And for the life of me, I can't remember the brand name of my push mower. It was whatever I could afford with the features I wanted.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have a Honda walk-behind mower with either the bag or the mulch attachment. I love it! Starts on the first pull; when emptying the bag I can turn the blades off but the motor stays on; and when it mulches it mulches so fine that grass doesn't get tracked into the house.
    Our garden tractor is a Toro. I really can't recommend it, but it was what we could afford at the time. High maintenance and temperamental.
    Our shredders are Swishers, both the walker and the tow one. Both work fine and can take the abuse from the uneven parts of the pasture. With the water grass down by the pond the shredders have to make half-passes or they choke on the tough grass.
    I have no idea what our string trimmer is--I stay as far away from that thing as I can (I tell my husband it's too heavy--yeah, right :rolleyes: ).

5. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

I have only ever heard good things about Honda marlingardener!

Advertisement
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I inherited my father's ride on mower. It is at least 30 years old & still mowing!

7. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

It must be a well kept machine :)