Lawn Repair

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Doghouse Riley, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Given the state of our lawn in early Febuary, after all that rain, I'm pleased that it's well on the way to recovery.

[​IMG]

But there's always a few places where it gets damaged by squirrels trying to bury nuts or other animals having a dig,etc.,

The righ-hand side of this lawn meets the York stone path. It tends to creep over the edge but this can be tidyed up by running a strimmer vertically down it. It only takes a couple of minutes. But where it meets the small patio behind the shed I let it grow a bit though still edge it. So a few times a year it creeps a few inches onto the patio. I can cut this off with a serrated knife. These strips will have roots, so are ideal for any small patches like this one I repaired today. No I can hardly see it either.

[​IMG]

Droopy, Jewell and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. AveriMurilo

AveriMurilo New Seed

Using strips of grass with roots to patch small areas is a clever idea, and it's good to know that it blends in well with the rest of the lawn.

4. NoraKesler

NoraKesler New Seed

It's great to hear that your lawn is recovering well! Dealing with damage from animals can be frustrating, but it sounds like you have some good strategies for keeping things tidy. As for the area where your lawn meets the York stone path and the patio behind the shed, have you considered installing some soffit and fascia to help define the edge and prevent the grass from creeping onto the patio? It could be a low-maintenance solution that will help keep your outdoor space neat and well-maintained. Good luck with your lawn and garden!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Your lawn looks very nice! We've used the grass-strip trick a couple of times, mainly to make a newly made area in the garden look more settled.