LawnMower Re-design?

Discussion in 'Lawn Care' started by Rhinomower, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Rhinomower

Rhinomower New Seed

Hello all,
    I'm currently a student studying product design, for a major project I am hoping to redesign the lawn mower to make it easier to use and more manoeuvrable. Making the mower light in weight will be one area i will be looking in to,
    Additionally, any problems that you have with your current lawnmowers, however trivial please let me know. With enough insights from gardenests such as yourselves I may be able to revolutionize the modern day lawn mower.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Ryan

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. garden_newbie
      Replies:
      Views:

3. redrose

redrose Seedling

However womanly this sounds of me (though I don't mow often) I've found it hard to get them started at times. The traditional walking mower, I mean. I've not tried my hand at the riding mowers.

4. Rhinomower

Rhinomower New Seed

Most traditional walking mowers can be tough to get started because of their weight, if its a push reel mower, sometimes the problem can be that the gears or blades have rusted which inturn can make it difficalt to use.
    thank you again for your replies, please keep them comming.

5. southerncurrents

southerncurrents New Seed

Hi from North Carolina

The subject you've raised is one that is on my mind virtually everytime I cut my grass. I have an acre of lawn and it demands so much in terms of time to cut and gas to fuel the riding mower. I have often thoughtthat it would be nice to have an ultra light push mower with ultra sharp blades that would turn as a power mower's blade turn, except that it would be a push mower. We simply cannot continue to cut lawns in the future as we have for the past 60 years. Rotary mowers on the kind of grass I cut are useless, but I am hoping that someone will develop a push mower that can do the job and fill the vaccum that rotary mowers fail to fill. Thanks for your work.

6. trencher

trencher New Seed

My input would be a front mounted deck you can elevate to clean,remove blades, etc. Also it should be a tractor style not ztr as they tear the turf up to much. The deck design could also have a front door/flap that could be raised to cut brush and heavier/thicker overgrown grass. And maybe an alternative fuel source like maybe e85,propane,etc. I will think of a few more.