LCD writing pads - What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Feb 11, 2021.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes, Magic Slate I too had used as a kid. Liked it a lot also. But for whatever reason, it never lasted for more then a year.

I'm actually surprised that you guys had this too. As I was thinking that it was a local product... Well, at least the ones I got where locally made Pakistani knockoffs, (perhaps that's why they didn't last long). But the brand-name was the same - Magic Slate!

It had some sticky glue inside. So wherever we would touch the plastic pen, a darker region would appear - To reset it, there was a roller underneath, which you would move from one end to the other, (sperating the 2 sheets again, thus resetting it completely). However I er time, the glue inside would stop working.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

Evil Roy,, I had the same thing and an Etch A Sketch ! Liked the first one better ! What we need is a smaller version to take to the grocery store !

S-H likes this.
  3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well the one I just bought online is an 8.5 inch screen size. Which in my opinion is just right. However there are other sizes available too.

4.5 inch, (discontinued).
    5.5 inch, (rare).
    6 inch.
    6.5 inch.
    8.5 inch, (most popular).
    9.5 inch, (very rare).
    10 inch, (2nd most popular).
    12 inch.
    16 inch, (extremely rare and a bit pricey).

Here are pictures of my 8.5 inch LCD writing pad with a standard half size handheld clipboard with a writing pad and pen. It's actually so thin (just halt a centimeter), that I was afraid it might be too delicate. But after a few days of use, I can say that it's very solidly built. However do tie a string on it's pen and the LCD writing pad, (holes already are a part of the design), so that you don't lose it...

Therefore in my opinion it's pretty convenient for keeping in the car and carrying to the grocery store.

Just glue a photocopy of your purchase recipe on the back of your device. So that there are no misunderstandings when you take it with you into the shopping mall, (where other such devices are on display for sale).

IMG_20210219_091906_copy_1117x819.jpg

IMG_20210219_091847_copy_1280x819.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    eileen, Doghouse Riley and Evil Roy like this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Wow that brought back some deeply buried memories!

eileen and S-H like this.

Advertisement
  5. Emarshaltan

Emarshaltan New Seed

Exploring the realm of LCD writing pads has been a revelation in my academic journey. Their seamless integration into note-taking has transformed the way I capture ideas. The tactile sensation of putting pen to "paper" and the eco-friendly aspect of saving countless sheets make them my go-to tool. It's like having a mini whiteboard for every lecture, fostering creativity and reducing paper waste. As a passionate writer, the spontaneity these pads allow is a breath of fresh air. I recently delved into the topic in detail in an essay, and this resource on crafting a hook in essay (https://essaypro.cоm/blog/hook-for-essay) proved invaluable in captivating readers right from the start.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    S-H likes this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Unfortunately, after using it for a while, there isn't a single one out there that can last beyond a year. No idea how or why, but they all seem to be failing. I had not only bought for myself, but gave away a few to different people as useful gifts - But after 6 months to a yes, they all seem to have failed. No, changing the battery or cleaning the terminals doesn't help either. All devices are now dead.

My advice is, don't buy them unless the technology stabilizes.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  7. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

You made me laugh, I had one of those as well.

upload_2023-12-24_12-50-12.png

My kids, however, had something like this. But theirs was just black. They probably would have loved colorful pictures. We had these for long trips, even after they no longer played with them at home. To erase just slide the little green thing on the bottom.

S-H likes this.
  8. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Pen and paper is the latest thing.

S-H and Logan like this.
  9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Have been thinking about one but would want a graphics program for it and the ability to send and print what I create (but that is as far as my thinking has gotten for these)

S-H likes this.