LEAST favorite plant

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Stephinalta, Nov 9, 2008.

1. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

Another plant I don't need is bermuda grass. I had a nice garden spot here that I had improved from it's original clay "sub-division soil" to a fairly productive garden spot. Then I began to see bermuda in places and creeping in from the yard around the edges. I weeded it out for a few years and even burned off the yard next to the fence in winter. I think I may have got it from straw bales I bought for mulch, or the birds brought it, who knows. As I got older and sickly and couldn't keep spending whole days in the garden, it got ahead of me. Now I garden in a few containers which is all I have the time/energy for anyway but they have a mixed soil with no bermuda, hooray! :)

2. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

invasive evil ivy!

3. oubee

oubee In Flower

<I absolutely detest Roses>

I used to too! But with my recent rose plant flowering profusely, I dare say, I have come to develop a certain, urmm let's say, liking for them :D After all maybe why I did not like them earlier was because of the maintenance and high proneness to diseases!

4. Tina

Tina Young Pine

Blackberry vines.

Advertisement
  5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Gro Low Sumac. I do not like the way it spreads, and it is very stinky. Ugh, even though it does have some good uses in a landscape, I do not like to prune it.

6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

The things I dislike (or really hate) are box elder and elm seeds. Not the trees, just the seeds. The neighbors trees dump literally thousands of seeds in my yard every year and most of them sprout!

7. growergirl

growergirl New Seed

My all time garden staple I hate.. BINDWEED! lol.. It counts as a plant.
    I guess if I had to pick a plant not a weed, it would be an orchid. Wanted one, got one, and it does not like me. lol

Frank likes this.
  8. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

This plant, whatever it is! It is taking over everything in the flower gardens. You can see it on the side of the hosta and even growing up through it. It was given to me many years ago and not knowing it was invasive I planted in all the flower beds. And now I can't get rid of it. :'(

[​IMG]
    Nasty plant growing around my hosta ( photo / image / picture from Chrisle's Garden )

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Chris, That is what we call "snow on the mountain". Ours isn't invasive though. I think it is too dry under the oak tree. It doesn't even really thrive there, just survives.

10. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Thanks,Carolyn, for telling me what it is. The roots sprawl everywhere and it is impossible to dig out. It has smothered out all my plants except the hostas and it's working on them. Nasty!