Little green berries, poinsettia?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by dooley, Jun 12, 2007.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My neighbor Frank, has a large pot of these plants and he gave me this small pot. But, he doesn't remember where he got them or what they are. Help! Those are little green berries in the middle. He was thinking it's like poinsettia but, I don't think so.The leaves are not big enough, plus the middle of a poinsettia is yellow, isn't it? No, it's not yellow in the middle. The camera just shows it that way in the flash. It was getting dark when I took it. They are just little green knotty things. Dooley
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. dooley

These might be New Guinea impatiens but what are the little green knots, maybe the flower buds? I guess this is a new type of plant. I saw it in Dave's Garden Plant site. Dooley

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I had thought New Guinea Impatiens but when I compared your leaves to the two I have, there was very little similarity. Specifically, on mine the vein going from stem to leave tip is red.

Guess this is another one where the blooms will tell the tale.

5. dooley

I looked closely this morning and all of those little green knows are growing and really look like flower buds now. So, we shall see. Dooley

6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh great blooms are coming maybe we can learn what it is from the blooms it does remind me of impatiens.