Lizards

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dooley, Apr 22, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I was reading Mom's Corner blog about her lizard. Last night coming home from Prescott I had to hold this bag of crickets. I kept forgetting to hold it straight and they ended up in a pile down in one corner. Dan feeds the library lizard crickets. He buys them at the pet store. It is an Eastern Collared Lizard. Kids found it and brought it to the library. It had been injured and couldn't survive in the wild. Dan held a contest and let the kids name it. The winning name was Chompers. It is a very popular lizard. Even the adults stop to talk to it when they come. It's turquoise, orange and black. Very colorful. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Gizmo
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Chompers, I've never heard that name before. It is very... umm.. descriptive :)

When I lived in Malta a couple of years back there would be baby lizards crawling around my apartments sometimes. I don't know how they got in but it would send a shiver up your spine to see this little pink thing scurry across your path every now and then :eek: It's interesting that I didn't develop a phobia.

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

I do have a phobia for lizards, don't know why but they really creep me out!!!

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

That's the one. It's really beautiful. The kids aren't allowed to handle it but they all collect insects and Dan lets them put them in through the door on the top. Dan buys the crickets when there aren't grasshoppers, crickets or other little insects that the kids can catch. It's back legs don't work so it drags them along. But it does move fast when it's hungry. Dooley

Advertisement
  6. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

What beautiful colors! We were admiring some of the unusual geckos and such in the pet store this past week. We're more into parakeets, but do enjoy looking at the lizards too. I want a chameleon. :D

7. Alyssa

Alyssa New Seed

I am not so fond of reptiles, lizards and all of those things. I live in FL and there are lizards all over the place - drives the dog nuts lol

And we didn't realize when we bought our new house (duh) but there is a canal all the way in the back off to the left and there is supposedly alligators in it - really FREAKS me out. Sorry for going off topic.

The colors are pretty though ;)