Look what came by tonight!!

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by DaphDaph, May 24, 2008.

1. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

I was sooooooo excited when my husband called me over to check out a mama deer and her little fawn. I've never seen a fawn this young. The photos are not the best since I took them through the upstairs window but I'm glad I got some.
    Droopy, I thought of your deer photo when I saw these deer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh how great.I know you were so thrilled to see them.The babies are always so cute.Thanks for the pictures.

4. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Oh how neat!!! I am so glad you got some pics. You must live in a serene place in order to see that through your upstair's window. Thank hubby for us for having an observant eye, and hats off to you for being quick on the draw!!! @;~)

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I wish I'd been beside you when you saw that adorable baby Daph!!!! Are you completely surrounded my countryside where you live? You get such fantastic photographs for us all to se that I admit to being a tad jealous.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Great pictures! I was lucky enough to see a Mamma and brand new baby deer this week too. The little guy was so small and was still shaky on his legs. I didn't have my camera with me though. Good job!

7. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

We live in a fairly new neighborhood that was once a plantation that turned into a hunting club (ick!)that sold out to a developer. We were lucky enough to buy in at the beginning so we picked next to the wetlands and pond. I think I'm lucky enough to see all the critters due to the pond and my doggies.
    My doggies let me know we had a visitor this morning. Another deer was in the back. I'm not sure if it is the mom. My husband says that the moms hide their babies and look for food so it may have been her. I hope she finds the potato vines I planted for her :)

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Awww, isn't that just adorable! Lucky you to witness that, DaphDaph, wish I had been there too. :D I've never seen a small deer close up, with the exception of the orphaned roe deer baby that grew up in the care of our stable host and returned to the wild the year after.

9. xylona

xylona Seedling

What fantastic pictures! It looks like you got quite a few too. I love deer...they are so peaceful looking. :)

10. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I see tons of bucks in my front and back yard but I have never seen a doe and her baby and a picture of the baby suckling, how sweeeeeet. The pics came out well enough. Thanks